Can Obama ever run for president again?
The US Election FAQ Questions and answers about the 2020 US election
Will Donald Trump run again in 2020?
Yes. Donald Trump officially announced his candidacy on June 18, 2019. According to CBS News, just a few hours after his inauguration in January 2016, he had submitted the relevant application to the US Campaign Finance Commission (Federal Election Commission) submitted.
In the 2nd quarter of 2019, Trump raised $ 105 million for his presidential campaign. That's far more than its Democratic rivals Joe Biden (21.5 million) and Bernie Sanders (18 million) combined over the same period.
Donald Trump could become president again in 2020
Photo: Samira Bouaou / The Epoch Times. Source: Flickr. License: CC BY 2.0
A good reason for Donald Trump to run in the next presidential election is, among other things, the fact that by leaving the
Office of the President face charges of violations of the US campaign finance law (Daniels and McDougal affairs).1 In some US media there is even speculation about whether just re-election would protect him from prison.2
Will Barack Obama run again in 2020?
Barack Obama achieved approval ratings of up to 90 percent among supporters of the Democrats during his presidency. Even after the end of his term in office, he is considered popular with supporters of his party and has good prospects of a victory in the Democratic primary.
Barak Obama is not allowed to run again after two terms
Photo: Michael Seeley. Source: Flickr. License: CC BY 2.0
A renewed presidential candidacy is still not up for discussion. According to the American Constitution, a president can remain in office for a maximum of two terms, for a total of eight years. Since Barack Obama was President of the USA from 2009 to 2013 and then from 2013 to 2017, he is no longer allowed to run in the 2020 presidential election.
Obama has decided not to support a candidate in the Democratic presidential election
American media reports that Obama met with several Democratic candidates and gave them advice on running.3
However, it was announced in early 2019 that neither former President Barack Obama nor former First Lady Michelle Obama would support a particular candidate during the 2020 Democratic presidential primary election.4
Age of candidates
The primaries for the next presidential election are characterized by an unusually old field of applicants. Those candidates with the best prospects for running, namely Biden, Warren, Sanders and Trump, are over 70 years old on election day.
Can only a young candidate win over young voters?
Observers advise Democrats to propose a young candidate for a number of reasons. For one thing, this candidate would be in contrast to the likely Republican candidate, Donald Trump, in terms of age. On the other hand, they assume that young people prefer to vote for younger politicians.
The example of Bernie Sanders, on the other hand, shows that older candidates can also be popular with young voters. In the Democratic primary elections in the last presidential election, at the age of 74, he was well ahead of Hillary Clinton in the so-called Youth Vote, the election result of the under 29s.
- Zeit Online: Charges against US President: Only the office protects Donald Trump now, 08/22/2018
- Intelligencer: Trump 2020 Shaping Up to Be a Campaign to Stay Out of Prison, December 8th, 2018
- The New York Times, Obama Quietly Gives Advice to 2020 Democrats, but No Endorsement, 02/18/2019
- Indian democracy is corrupted too
- Is the Ouija board dangerous?
- How many Ravish Kumar are there
- How did the carnival begin?
- Fade black tattoos
- Was Adolf Hitler undoubtedly heterosexual
- What's the best thing about Emirates Airlines
- How many British Prime Ministers are there
- Why does the doctor choose female companions
- What are the biggest sexual shutdowns
- Why is wet paper transparent
- How does ignorance affect poverty?
- Where can I find a Korean
- Why did you move to Germany
- When do ideologies or religions die
- What is an outcast in society
- Seeman is a skilled leader
- In which states do people speak Hindi
- How did the Iranians integrate into Sweden?
- Which words are often misspelled in Chinese?
- Will Rahul Gandhi win the 2019 elections
- What's the worst water brand
- Is it really difficult to learn Hindi
- How many years did BJP rule India