What is Craigslist used for?
What are these large plexiglass pieces?
I found these large, heavy pieces of Plexiglas cleaning the shed on the lot of a house I had just bought. I have no idea what they are or what they are used for. They are about the size of a kitchen table and if there weren't 6 of them I would have guessed it was an old table top. As you can see in the pictures they are very dirty, but from what I know about plexiglass, parts of this size aren't cheap.
The 6th piece is on the right side of the other 5. It appears to be of higher quality, you can see in the pictures that it is clearer. It's harder too. It also has a crease on the edges that you can see in the pictures. At first I thought it was real glass based on its weight and hardness.
Any idea what these are and what they are used for?
Click for full size
It is almost impossible to know what it was originally intended for. Maybe they were "windows" in a set for an old piece, then removed and saved after the set was torn down.
I suspect the person was then freed from such an application and then hidden in case it ever found a new use. That you still found them hidden says they never had a use, and neither will you. However, I bet you can sell them on Craigslist or eBay. Or take them to your local auction house where all kinds of things like this are sold.
I doubt they were meant to be chair mats. This old plexiglass wouldn't be a good plexiglass as it tends to break and scratch and stain too quickly with normal use (polycarb wasn't around then). There were also better and cheaper alternatives.
The edge groove in this one sheet indicates an attempt at edge mounting bevel. The fact that there were several suggests replacement or repeated use.
I would guess these were for windows with a "60s look" - after looking similar once.
- Where do artists live in San Francisco
- Do you believe in the church
- Why don't I like to be touched?
- What was your biggest ethical dilemma?
- Why was the caste system introduced?
- Where is the largest mountain range in the world
- What is the world record for staring
- Why does the UK not use the EU
- What is Karnataka Tourism
- How often is it sunny in Australia?
- Contains panipuri fat
- Einstein was a genius
- What if Bulgaria were part of Yugoslavia?
- Where should I study political science
- What is comfort
- How can I become independent 1
- Who started Honda
- Can a Hindi speaking person understand Gujarati
- Why don't Zainichi Koreans return to Korea
- Are REITs a good investment in 2020
- A GIDC comes to Gujarat
- Are there rubbish dumps for CISSP
- Will merge AIIMS with NEET
- It will be difficult to become a reporter or a journalist
- What is the full definition of politics
- Are you cute 1
- What password management software are you using
- Can I be a stewardess?
- Are motivational speakers themselves motivated enough
- What is covered
- Pakistan is stronger than Nepal
- Why Ajay Devgan is underestimated
- What is the first letter in Thirukkural