What is the language of Karnataka
Tulu may become an official language in India
The local government of Karnataka, a state in southwest India on the border between Goa and Kerala, is committed to ensuring that the local Tulu language is recognized as an official language. Tulu is spoken by around 10 million native speakers, mainly in Karnataka and in a small part of northern Kerala known as Tulu Nadu. The Tulu language belongs to the Dravidian language family, which also includes other regional languages such as Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada.
Minister of Culture Umashree said that the government had already pushed the inclusion of Tulu into the eighth program of the constitution.
"Over the past month the Union Government has been collecting information that we are currently viewing and that will be broadcast soon," she told Mohiuddin Bava of the Indian National Congress.
The minister said the government is currently collecting information on Tulu speakers based on data from the 2001 census, and she was confident that parliament would respond positively to the people's request.
Bava said that Tulu has a history of over 2,000 years and those who speak the language are upset that it has not yet been recognized as an official language and are demanding that they be given that recognition.
Many linguists suspect that Tulu is one of the oldest languages of the Dravidian family, which developed almost 2000 years ago independently of its Proto-Dravidian roots.
Recently, however, Tulu has borrowed many words from the Kannada language, the official language of Karnataka. However, the two languages are not closely related.
Tulu is one of the most widely spoken languages and is not on said eighth program of the constitution, a list of the official languages in India. In general, when the speakers of a language are in a geographically contiguous area, they come together to form their own state and try to get the status of an official language. Since 2010, Tulu has been taught as a subject at a primary school in Coastal Karnataka.
- Is Jared Kushner really smart
- Putin is the Russian president for life
- Karnataka is older than Tamil Nadu
- Why are depressed people so selfish and loveless
- Trumps followers can be called trumpeters
- Double vision is dangerous
- What can I learn from a startup mistake
- How do pastors become millionaires?
- What are the Symptoms of Keratoconus
- Why is India's wealth so unevenly distributed
- Are there women who like submissive men
- What are lawyers in Great Britain called
- What was the wrong thing you ever were
- What is the IQ of Linus Torvalds
- Political correctness has become a cult
- What is the attraction of the Liberals to identity politics?
- Can dogs pet other dogs?
- When did you make the wrong decision?
- Why is The Artist rated PG 13
- Put warnings on packets of cigarettes
- What price is the UK paying for Brexit
- Which governs the self ego or mind
- Africans were the only ones to be enslaved
- What are the people of Pakistan talking about