How do you explain the vulnerability
~ Personality explained in simple terms ~
START 5-QUESTION TEST BOOK BACKGROUNDS BLOG + NEWS Follow @TypenTest
In psychology, vulnerability describes the vulnerability of a person to negative influences.
Vulnerability is the opposite of Resilience, which means resistance to negative influences.
Vulnerability means vulnerability
Vulnerable people are easily injured by negative influences. They have poor resistance to stress, strain, and negative feelings. Failures or setbacks hit them hard and they have a hard time recovering from them. They also suffer slightly more often from personality disorders, depression or burnout. Accordingly, vulnerability is probably the most unpopular trait in our entire personality. However, something can definitely be done about it; there is help below.
Why are some people more vulnerable than others?
There are many reasons for vulnerability. Probably the biggest factor are genes: just like our appearance and personality, a significant part of vulnerability is anchored in our genes, i.e. innate. But the influence of parents on a child and the culture also play a role. Just like intelligence: below-average intelligence leads to weaker problem-solving skills, which in turn increases susceptibility to adversity and negative influences. After all, our personality also plays its part. Many different properties play a role here, more on that below.
A full vulnerability test can be found on the page at Resilience. Vulnerability and resilience are the two opposite ends of the same property, so this test applies to both.
The general personality You can assess it with the short type test or the scientific test in the type test book.
Tips against vulnerability
Vulnerability is to a large extent innate and conditioned by genes. Therefore, this excessive vulnerability cannot be shaken off with a few simple changes. But there are definitely many ways to work on your own resilience step by step and thereby reduce vulnerability. Corresponding tips can therefore be found on the page Resilience.
Vulnerability in personality
In the human personality, vulnerability is largely related to the property of neuroticism, which measures the sensitivity to negative influences and feelings - which is similar to vulnerability. People with pronounced neuroticism therefore usually also have an increased vulnerability.
Vulnerability also shows similarities with low values for all other characteristics of the Big Five, the five most important personality characteristics, as measured in the short type test:
with low extraversion (= being introverted, therefore less social contacts)
low openness to new experiences (thus less creativity and thus poorer problem-solving skills)
low tolerance (thus less empathy, i.e. empathy)
low conscientiousness (resulting in a less constant lifestyle and a tendency to procrastinate).
Low values for one or more of these properties are not in themselves a problem. In the context of vulnerability, however, they make it harder to deal with adversity and to recover from the effects of negative influences. More about all of these traits and how to train them can be found in my book.
Vulnerability also shows similarities with high sensitivity. In contrast to vulnerability, however, highly sensitive people are not generally more sensitive to negative influences, but rather perceive all stimulations and stimuli from their environment to be stronger and more intense.
An extreme version of vulnerability and introversion is the Japanese Hikikomori phenomenon. It affects people who, for various reasons, withdraw completely from the outside world.
The inexpensive and short guide offers a simple and quick insight into overcoming vulnerability, namely resilience 30 minutes of resilience from Gabal-Verlag.
In my book Knowledge of human nature - the great type test it is about the complete personality, including the parts that are related to the development of vulnerability. It contains extensive tips on neuroticism, sensitivity and your own strengths and weaknesses.
Similar topics: lethargy, self-esteem
- Is there purely free from Sanskrit Kannada
- How important are social outcasts
- Is hidden talent synonymous with potential
- How can I go on vacation every month
- Why does Raj Thackeray support Narendra Modi
- Pakistan wants India to fall apart
- What is the level of freedom of speech
- What Draws People to the Prosperity Gospel
- What are the Biggest Internet Companies in China
- Why did pirates wear hats?
- Should I buy or rent heavy equipment
- Why am I critical
- What is a non-democratic country
- Fade black tattoos
- Why are divorce rates high in Japan?
- What is Jin's from BTS phone number
- Why should someone die
- What is the purpose of the propaganda
- What are some characteristics of commercial fashion
- Said Business School is lenient about GPA
- Is online shopping better than window shopping
- Why does Alberta hate Justin Trudeau
- Why doesn't Turkey celebrate Nowruz?
- Is Cult Fitness good
- Why did we leave ourselves
- What is comfort
- Can Windows be updated to MacOS
- Which age group donates the most?
- Has declared Catalonia's independence
- What is SSC
- Why does Shahrukh Khan make an intolerance remark
- How can I make money in Pakistan
- Can an American pharmacist practice in Canada