Will Rajnikant join politics?
Washington - Donald Trump's swearing-in is a major media event. Here you can find out how and from when you can watch live images from German and international media today.
Update from January 20, 2017: The inauguration of the US President begins at 3:30 p.m. German time. If you don't have a chance to watch the spectacle on television, we offer a live ticker here for the swearing-in of Donald Trump.
It could be one of those moments that will be remembered decades later: “Where were you when Donald Trump actually became US President?” Could be a small talk question in the not-too-distant future. After all, the entrepreneur's free choice to become the head of state of the United States still seems like a very unexpected twist. And last but not least, the question of what Trump will announce in his - allegedly self-written - swearing-in speech remains exciting.
Even if parts of the US media have declared war on Trump: When the time comes on this Friday evening in German time and Donald Trump experiences his inauguration, "Inauguration Day", there are more than enough opportunities to see the historic moment live in moving images to witness.
In this article you can already find out how the day will go through in all its facets.
Several German broadcasters will report on TV and with the help of streams. And of course - modern technology makes it possible - you can also follow US or British reports from Germany.
We have compiled the most important sources for live images and reports for you here.
“Inauguration Day”: Donald Trump's inauguration live on German TV today
Several German TV stations will report in detail live and in background articles about Donald Trump's swearing-in:
phoenix - 2 p.m. - midnight:
The public specialty broadcaster phoenix will gear its program entirely to “Inauguration Day” from the early afternoon. Reports on the mood in Washington are scheduled for 2 p.m. and 4 p.m., and the most important moments of the ceremony will be broadcast live. Political scientist Thomas Jäger from the University of Cologne and Reuters correspondent Erik Kirschbaum are supposed to classify the events from Germany. The reporting does not end until midnight.
n-tv - 2.30 p.m.-00.35 p.m .:
The private news broadcaster n-tv also focuses almost entirely on Trump's takeover in its Friday afternoon and evening programs. Under the title “Change of Power in the White House”, the channel will remain on the air for around ten hours and will also broadcast the swearing-in ceremony.
N24 - 3 p.m. - 9:05 p.m .:
As the third German channel, N24 is devoted to the topic of Trump in the afternoon. Political scientist Boris Vormann is a guest in the studio as an expert. However, the Berlin broadcaster keeps its (live) reporting a little shorter than the competition with a total of six hours.
The first - 5.15pm-6.50pm:
The first reports live from Washington on Friday evening - but limits its transmission to the essential parts of the long day. ARD goes on air around fifteen minutes before the introductory speeches are due to start. Another “hot spot” on the topic is not planned, the first game of the Bundesliga after the winter break will be the focus at prime time.
ZDF - 19.25-20.10 p.m .:
ZDF has also announced a live broadcast from Washington - but the 45-minute “ZDF special” will probably focus on live interviews: At the time of the broadcast, Donald Trump and the invited guests should already be at lunch.
“Inauguration Day”: Donald Trump's inauguration live today in German-language streams
The transmissions of the German broadcasters can also be tracked online without any problems. The reporting of the four direct broadcasting channels is also available as a live stream, at least from Germany:
- Phoenix offers a stream on its homepage.
- The program of The first is available from the ARD media library.
- The broadcasts of the channel n-tv can be accessed live on its website.
- N24 feeds its current program on the welt.de website.
“Inauguration Day”: English-language live broadcasts on German TV today
It can also be an interesting variant to follow Donald Trump's inauguration from a US or British perspective. The former reflects the view of the US public on the event and can provide additional information and insights into the situation on site - both variants allow the speeches to be seen in the original language without translation or subtitles. CNN International and BBC World News are available in many places in Germany via cable or satellite.
CNN International - from 11 a.m.
As early as 5:00 a.m. local time, i.e. 11:00 a.m. German time, what is probably the most important US news broadcaster, CNN, starts live reporting. The channel wants to accompany the inauguration as well as other official events such as the associated parade and the subsequent ball with live images. But reports on protest actions are also planned.
BBC World News - 3:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
The BBC will report live from Washington from 3 p.m. German time. In addition to the swearing-in and the following speeches, the station also wants to broadcast the following parade. From 9 p.m. the BBC will switch to analyzes and background reports, some directly from the Washington studio.
"Inauguration Day": English-language live broadcasts on stream today
- CNN wants to offer the live broadcast on its homepage.
- BBC provides viewers with live updates on BBC.com from 12 noon German time. The analysis comes from the BBC team in Washington and around the world from the inauguration ceremony. Of course, the BBC also reports on the parade and the entertainment program in front of the White House in its live stream. The BBC also brings Facebook Lives and Snapchat updates with presenter Rajini Vaidyanathan.
- Twitter offers in collaboration with the broadcaster PBS NewsHour from 5 p.m. on a live stream.
- A special gimmick is planning USA Today: On its YouTube channel, the newspaper network will broadcast the events in Washington from 3:30 p.m. in a 360-degree perspective. However, this service can only be fully used with special virtual reality headsets.
Inauguration Day: The exact schedule for Donald Trump's inauguration
The inauguration of the US President in 2017 follows a precise schedule. So that you don't miss an important moment in the streams and TV broadcasts, we have summarized the course of the major event for you:
- 1.00 p.m .: Officially approved protests on the sidelines of the later route of the festival parade
- 3.30 p.m .: The musical guests appear. Among other things, performances by the casting show star Jackie Evancho and the Missouri State University choir are planned
- 5.30 p.m .: Opening speeches
- 6 p.m .: Swearing in of the new president
- in connection: Donald Trump's inaugural speech
- 6.30 p.m.: Official lunch at Statuary Hall des Capitols
- 9 p.m .: 90-minute parade Donald Trump, Mike Pence ‘and 8,000 other participants from the Capitol to the White House
- from 11 p.m .: Ballroom festivities with Donald Trump at the Washington Convention Center and the National Building Museum
- Has someone crossed the Pacific illegally?
- Why is web performance important
- Is the Ouija board dangerous?
- How did I meet people in Thiruvananthapuram
- What is host family
- Was Mandela a member of the Illuminati
- Is Kanhaiya Kumar right about Indian politics
- Is the Django framework used in the industry
- Dhoni is a fraud
- What are the best MySQL alternatives
- Helps aspirin with glaucoma
- Why are people unemployed even after they graduate?
- How many pages are 500 words
- How do people fake depression
- Can you see someone who has archived Instagram posts
- Why is Turkey still an undeveloped country
- Where can i watch history tv shows
- How do i speak wealthy english
- Sunni become Ahmadiyya
- Will China start World War III?
- What are the periods in American history
- How do I get citizenship
- What are the parts of the operating system
- How is Shane Warne doing as a person