Is Meghan Markle generous
Duchess Meghan: Did the Queen make her this generous offer?
When Duchess Meghan, 39, Prince Harry, 36, said yes in 2018, she also took up her position as Senior Royal. She officially gave up acting for her new role and the associated duties. If Andrew Morton is to be believed, she didn't have to do that.
Duchess Meghan had a choice
Queen Elizabeth, 94, is said to have presented the couple with several options. As the biographer reports on the Royally Obsessed podcast, it gave them "the opportunity to go wherever they wanted". Meghan could have continued to pursue her job as an actress. "They were given some leeway. They were told, 'Here are your first class tickets. Pick the country you want to go to and we'll make you young ambassadors for the Commonwealth,'" said Andrew Morton.
The Duchess could have stayed with acting
His claims come just weeks after Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan complained in their controversial interview with talk show host Oprah Winfrey, 67, about how the Royal Family treated the American. "To be fair to the royal family and the queen, she gave them the opportunity to go where they wanted," says the expert. "They also said to Meghan that if she shouldn't want to pursue her royal obligations full-time, she'd like to continue her acting career." These options would have been open to her.
Day two of the Northern Ireland trip Prince Charles + Duchess Camilla in a good mood57 images
Did Prince William warn his brother?
But why did Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry still choose the role of Senior Royals? Morton believes the Sussexes haven't weighed their options enough. "I don't think either of them has given it enough thought. I think Prince William's famous warning, 'Take it easy, think about what you're doing' that made Harry angry, was probably meant more out of affection." The expert also says that Prince William was more aware of what a difficult task it is to become a member of the royal family. "Just think of Catherine Middleton. She's British, she grew up with traditions, of course she was middle-class, but she has a very solid and stable family," Morton muses. Meghan, on the other hand, had none of this. "She's an American and didn't have a clue about the royal family."
Sources used: Royally Obsessed, mirror.co.uk#Subjects
- Is Israel a Muslim country
- BJP will likely win in Karnataka
- What will stop an addict?
- How do I improve the skills of my employees
- Who wrote the song I Want Candy
- Which pictures show that happiness is free
- How confidential are medical records
- What do the Czechs think of Slovenes?
- How do I increase the height at 25
- Monolids are more attractive than double eyelids
- Why is there illegal immigration in Sydney?
- What is worse perfectionism or laziness
- What causes natural death
- What if humans can live in Antarctica
- What is the attitude of RCEP and India
- Who is Gustav Klimt
- How do you take the ASVAB test
- Which song is played in this video
- Dalits are the indigenous people of India
- What is tight pants syndrome
- Parents should punish their teenagers for reprieve
- Did Donald Trump implement Nixon's Crazy Strategy
- You can make money selling footprints
- Are the Virgin Islands a US territory?