How many scientists are Earth's young creationists
Creationism - Faith and Evolution
- The dating of dinosaur skeletons is doubtful creationists. For them it is clear that dinosaurs and humans lived at the same time.
This is especially true for so-called "intelligent design", a variant of creationism with a scientific aftertaste. According to this, life is too diverse to have emerged from natural processes unplanned. The existence of an intelligent designer is therefore assumed as the originator - an argument that corresponds to that of a centuries-old proof of God, the classic form of which is simplified as follows: A "natural product", such as the human eye, is at least as complex and optimal in its structure the respective function adapted like an artificially created object, for example binoculars; the latter was created by a human "designer"; what is similar has a similar cause; so the eye was created by some kind of divine engineer.
History has often criticized this type of reasoning for being based on a weak analogy. The "divine perfection" of nature, which is assumed here, is also controversial. After all, there are ill-adapted living beings. Anyone who nevertheless follows the argument for an intelligent designer does not necessarily have to end with God: In addition to the One and Good, Almighty and All-Knowing, it leaves room for a lot of creators.
Despite all objections, the idea of intelligent design is not only fruitful in the USA, where it originated, but also in Germany. Intelligent Design fans are looking for loopholes in Darwin's theory. Biologists and other researchers who learned their trade at universities are also among the proponents. They work with probabilities, refer to scientific methods and even offer mathematical formulas with which objects created according to a design can be distinguished from objects created randomly. According to Darwin, mutation and selection are not planned, but are solely subject to the ecological conditions under which a particular species exists. The efforts of the designers therefore always revolve around the same commitment: Certain properties of nature can be better explained by the fact that they have an intelligent cause than that they emerged from a natural process.
There is no longer any talk of God in intelligent design. However, many proponents are committed to creationism, which in the USA was renamed Intelligent Design and equipped with academic vocabulary, mainly for legal reasons, after US courts had repeatedly banned religious teaching in state schools. Intelligent Design appears to be an attempt to smuggle creation doctrine into lecture halls and biology classes. Evolutionary biologists are outraged about this, and the public is largely unanimous in their reaction: creationism does not belong in the scientific community, and the separation of biology and religion must not be jeopardized. Nevertheless, the community of believers in creation is growing, also in Germany.
- The Greeks prefer to be called Hellenes
- What is the Latin word for dreams
- India competes with China
- Where can I learn Kannada
- Does anyone live in Australia?
- Donald Trump lacks the moral fiber
- How many churches are there in India
- What is iec code
- Who are the worst BJP leaders
- What day is the NCC day observed
- Is there a cure for lymphedema
- Where are north south west and east
- Can ETFs Make You Rich?
- Is India safe after dark
- How many types of directors are there
- How important are looks in dating
- Regular x-rays detect cancer
- Is Japan culturally part of Oceania
- How do I do Badam Halwa
- Which is the smallest town in England
- Which cheese is considered hard cheese?
- What is a reflection point in art
- Fly turkeys If not why
- How are economics at IISER Bhopal