How is the NIT Srinagar Is it good
Anees Zargar, 31, journalist
The high-speed Internet was also cut last summer, and at the very beginning of the curfew in August, even the telephone networks. Today every website loads very slowly, most of them are blocked. Every few minutes the Skype face freezes in wild grimaces on the screen.
"In between we were allowed to go out again and again," says Anees, "but with Corona the government had a reason to lock everyone in." The empty streets and the lowered blinds have become the norm for residents in Sringarar. "For Corona we were already practicing," says Anees, "at a high price."
The isolation has serious consequences for every family in his neighborhood, few can go to work. "Everyone is slowly living on the very last money they have saved."
Every tomato purchase becomes a gauntlet run. "You don't know whether you can still get through to the vegetable man or whether the military has postponed the checkpoint again," says Annes. “In one moment you can be arrested. Only the Indian soldiers are allowed to move freely. Last week I saw a man smoking and buying bananas outside a store, after which he was arrested. Nobody knows what happened to him then. "
Sometimes, with a special permit as a journalist, Anees can go out to report. Not an easy job. In April, a photojournalist was charged with social media posts critical of the government. She may have to go to jail for seven years for a Facebook post. "As a journalist, besides the pen, fear is a constant companion," says Anees, "I can't just knock on people or make an appointment for an interview with a minister." He always has to find other ways to talk to people . On the phone, through the family, in everyday observation.
Annes continues to write anyway. About police violence. About the harassment doctors and nurses are exposed to in their daily work and how elementary school students are taught by teacher initiatives via WhatsApp.
- How interpretative can a new segment be?
- How do you change people's behavior
- What is a black accent
- Why does Bhutan want to go digital
- How long should a man live
- What is a terrible excuse
- When other easy batches begin
- Why do newspapers use difficult journalistic English
- In which companies has Ratan Tata invested
- How do I sell iPads
- Was there premarital sex in Star Wars?
- How do I use crimp beads
- Is 200 Mbit / s fast internet
- Does the US have censorship
- How do I buy glasses online
- What makes green concrete sustainable?
- Why were the Ottomans so hated
- How do I learn every day
- What is a service animal
- What are some examples of being cynical
- What is an imidazole ring
- What shoes do rugby players wear
- Why did China withdraw in Doklam?
- Where does gold get its value from?