Who Affects Color Blindness
How color blind people see the world
Sometimes it is already noticeable in kindergarten: an educator asks a child to hand out the red pencil, but it picks up a different color. It suffers from a color weakness (Dyschromatopsia)which is not so rare in Germany.
Color weaknesses are usually innate, but illnesses or side effects of medication can also impair the recognition of colors. Total color blindness, on the other hand, is much rarer - there is one affected person out of 100,000 people.
Overall, a distinction is made between four different types of color blindness: red-green weakness, red-green blindness, blue disorders and total color blindness (Achromatopsia).
The following images by the British NGO Color Blind Awareness in collaboration with Lenstore illustrate how people who suffer from color blindness or color weakness see the world. Use the slider and drag it from left to right to see the difference in the individual recordings.
With red blindness (Protanopia) those affected are unable to process red light. Therefore, they can hardly distinguish between red and green and blue and green. In red blindness, the cones, the sensory cells of the retina, which are responsible for seeing red tones, are damaged.
Image: Park Güell, Barcelona (Spanien)
Image: The Wave, Coyote Buttes, Arizona and Utah (USA)
People suffering from green blindness (Deuteranopia) suffer, cannot process the green light. There are no cones, i.e. the sensory cells of the eye, which means that green tones cannot be perceived. It is therefore more difficult for people with green blindness to distinguish green from red and between some gray, purple and blue hues.
Image: Kew Gardens, London (United Kingdom)
Image: Venice (Italy)
In people who have blue blindness (Tritanopia) suffer, the light-sensitive photoreceptors for the recognition of blue tones on the retina of the eye are not trained. As a result, they often confuse light blue with gray, dark purple with black, medium green with blue and orange with red. Because you cannot process blue light.
Image: Machu Pichu, Peru
Image: St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican (Italy)#Subjects
- Why does Malaysia Airlines fail again and again
- Turkey will be another Iran
- What are the Best Medieval TV Shows
- What does hai wafa mean in English
- Is Donald Trump USA's Rahul Gandhi
- Did the Celts come from Iberia
- Why is art timeless and friendly
- What are the important concepts in programming
- Almond milk increases meat prices
- What are the best 18+ animes
- Cat eats other kittens
- What is the biggest mistake India has ever made
- Obama is the best US president
- Who is the father of Lord Shiva
- How was the royal family selected
- Bottled water is a waste of money
- What shouldn't you think about?
- Why is Chhattisgarh prone to Naxal activities
- Is NF a better rapper than Eminem
- Does sex hurt the first time 2
- Who will win between Russia and China
- Which continent does Great Britain belong to?
- Can Christmas tree lights be recycled?
- Why do American domestic airlines look shabby