What are the successes of Cholas
Chola dynasty , Chola also spelled cola , South Indian Tamil rulers of unknown antiquity, before the early Sangam poems ( approx. 200 ce). The dynasty originated in the rich valley of the Kaveri (Cauvery). Uraiyur (now Tiruchchirappalli) was the oldest capital.
The legendary King Karikan was the common ancestor through whom small Deccan and Andhra families called Chola or Coda claimed a connection to the Uraiyur family. The Chola Land (Coromandel) stretched from the Vaigai River in the south to Tondaimandalam, whose capital was Kanci (now Kanchipuram) in the north. Much of the Tamil classical literature and the larger Tamil monuments belong to the Sangam period, during which Shaivism (worship of the god Shiva) and the development of southern Vaishnavism (worship of the god Vishnu) were also revived. Income management, village self-government and irrigation were highly organized under the Cholas.
Chola kings and emperors alternately bore the titles of Parakesharivarman and Rajakesharivarman. Their chronology is difficult. Vijayalaya (ruled c. 850-870), the occupation of the area of Pallavas began, which was extended under Aditya I (ruled c. 870-907) .Parantaka I (reigned 907- c. 953), known as the destroyer Madurai (the capital of the Pandyas), Sinhalese defeat invaders and unite the lands of the Cholas and the Pandyas between 926 and 942. The conflict with the Rastrakutas He took Nellore from them around 940, but their king Krsna III . seized Tondaimandalam.
Rajaraja I (ruled 985-1014), a capable administrator, protected Vengi (the Godavari districts) and occupied the Gangavadi territory (in what is now the state of Karnataka), thereby destroying the western Gangas. By 996 he had conquered Kerala (the Chera land) and acquired northern Sri Lanka. With the booty acquired in this way, he built the great Brihadishvara temple in Tanjore (today Thanjavur). By 1014 Rajaraja had acquired the islands of Lakshadweep and Maldives.
His son Rajendracola Deva I (r. 1014–44) surpassed Rajaraja's successes. He put a son on the throne in Madurai, ended the conquest of Sri Lanka, overran the Deccan ( approx. 1021) and in 1023 sent an expedition to the north that invaded the Ganges (Ganga) and brought Ganges water to the river's new capital, Gangaikondacolapuram. He conquered parts of the Malay Peninsula and the Malay Archipelago.
Rajadhiraja (ruled 1044-54) fought against the Pandyas and Cheras and defeated the western Chalukya ruler Someshvara I in 1046, but was killed in 1054 in the Battle of Koppam against the Chalukyas. The Chola ruler Virarajendra (ruled 1063–69) tried to neutralize the Chalukya empire in the Deccan, but his death enabled Vikramaditya Chalukya to try his hand at Chola family disputes.
Kulottunga I (ruled 1070–1122), who obtained both the Chola and the Eastern Chalukya crowns through inheritance law, left the Deccan with care and focused on the unification of the east coast. Intrigues over the right to the Pandya throne involved Cholas, Pandyas and Sri Lanka (who by then had regained their independence) from around 1166.
From 1216 the Hoysala kings received land in the Chola land, former Chola feudatories threw off their loyalty, northern powers intervened and the upheaval made it easier for the Pandya to conquer the Chola land in 1257. The Chola dynasty ended in 1279.
- Who is the best republican
- What is the worst hotel in San Francisco
- Tezos is a good investment
- Can Chinese names be pronounced in Japanese?
- How to say help in Japanese
- Will the US be successful in Afghanistan?
- What's wrong with monotheistic religions
- Can I search for names on WhatsApp
- How do I get to travel shows
- Why do people ridicule other beliefs
- What do Kashmiri Pandits actually want
- Why do airlines sell flights over
- Can i use contact lenses?
- What are the use cases for NumPy
- How is Dropbox implemented with AWS S3
- All deviant sexual behaviors are narcissistic
- Can a minor rape an adult
- Will the US be successful in Afghanistan?
- Uses eBay Salesforce com
- General reserve is what type of account
- Are military personnel government employees
- Make fart horses
- Why are gold prices rising in India
- What's psychologically wrong with Kanye West
- What are the different definitions of life
- Why do people worship their pastors
- Why are modern Japanese films so strange
- What are examples of compassionate republican policies?
- Is Switzerland a National Socialist?
- Most people have sex while they sleep
- The Russians accept apologies
- What is heat transfer by radiation
- What is soft power