What can other nations learn from California
California - Abstract English
California is a land of contrasts. The highest mountain (Mount Whitney, 4,418 meters) is only a few kilometers from the lowest point in the western hemisphere, the Death Valley (Death Valley, 86 meters below sea level). The highest temperature (56.7 ° C) ever recorded in the USA was also recorded there.
Only the south of California is that hot, the north is cooler and San Francisco has a mild climate.
There are many national parks, such as Yosemite or Redwood. The oldest tree can be found in Sequoia National Park (General Sherman 86 meters high). The oldest living thing, a pine tree that is over 4,600 years old, can be found in the Inyo National Forest.
In California there is the most fertile valley on earth. Cotton, sugar beet, barley, wheat, rice, fruit, wine and vegetables are grown there. The biggest problem in California is the lack of water and air pollution in the big cities.
In 1906 there was the largest earthquake in San Francisco that destroyed much of the city. 1989 was the last great quake to this day. For the scientists, it is only a matter of time before the earth shakes again, because the city is very close to the St. Andreas Graben.
California was annexed to US territory in 1847. On January 24th, 1848 gold was discovered at the "Sutter Mühle". That was the trigger for the gold rush. Many people came to California to find happiness.
California became a US state in 1850. Despite the Great Depression, famous bridges were opened in San Francisco in 1936/37.
In 1945, 50 countries signed the United Nations Charter in San Francisco.
California has been the most populous state in the United States since 1963.
In 1984 Los Angeles hosted the Summer Olympics.
Today, California is best known for its computers and film industries.
Presentation in English
|Cities (with suburbs)||Los Angeles 4,157,377|
|San Diego 3,051,280|
|San Francisco 4,157,377|
|motto||Eureka (I've got it.)|
|Minimum age to drive a car||18|
|Minimum age to marry||18|
|death penalty||yes, gas|
- Why can I never be myself
- Every country celebrates Independence Day
- Which countries have the lowest proportion of foreigners?
- What is PathMatch fully in Angular
- How difficult is the APICS CPIM certification
- What are the beliefs of the people
- There was Noah
- The eye feels tired all day
- Why don't Australians like refugees?
- What is a sympathetic detonation
- Why don't US airlines use Tupolev planes
- Will replace Apple Tim Cook
- Can people really suppress their feelings?
- How are African Americans treated in Canada
- Is God Pro Choice 1
- Is life made for enjoyment or for enlightenment?
- The flight times are shortened
- How can I stop feeling hurt inside
- Israel illegally occupies Palestinian land
- Has India really gained independence?
- Are bumpy flights riskier
- Donald Trump is deported
- How do business schools and universities differ?
- Can be given coconut water for diabetes