How much English is spoken in Paris
Can I get by with English when traveling to Paris?
I never found the stereotypical rude Parisian I was warned about. Some people went out of their way to help me in ways that I wouldn't expect in my own town.
I didn't find many people outside the tourism industry in Paris who spoke English.
I've always used the French words and phrases I knew: "Sorry Moi", "Salut", "Merci" and if I could fight those I wouldn't even ask "parlez vous anglaise". I got the impression that people appreciated that. The use of single words goes a long way, French or English if you can't form a sentence. Often times, if you manage to form a broken sentence, people will help by correcting your mistakes! More people know more English vocabulary than you know French vocabulary, but they may not be able to form or parse English sentences.
Be patient. Lots of smiles. Never act rude or arrogant. Don't speak out loud if people don't understand.
When you get to your hotel or tourist office, people can speak English.
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is a god
- What are alternatives to real estate investments
- Which IIM will carry out the CAT 2019
- How do you learn Japanese
- What is the story of Al Qaeda
- Why is journalism dying
- Cycling reduces belly fat
- Which church should I visit
- What areas in London are crap
- India is happy with Pakistan
- What distinguishes a Japanese accent in Korean
- Should I invest 25,000 euros in Ripple crypto currency
- Jet Airways is heading towards bankruptcy
- What celebrities have served time in prison
- What is the best java scripting language
- How do people choose to follow someone
- Dentists like to go to the dentist
- What is Folsom CA known for
- How do zoos protect emus
- Which is the most traditional Chinese province
- What do you think of VD Savarkar
- Why is Shahrukh Khan so rich
- Has your migraines started gradually or suddenly?
- Floating skeletons