What is the GOP house
GOP variety show
Originally the building in which the GOP is located was a commercial and office building. The "Georgspalast", built between 1912 and 1913, offered concerts by well-known orchestras in the Georgspalast café-restaurant from the mid-1920s. As a dance café, it suddenly rose to the top among Hanover's venues for jazz-oriented music. Despite the prohibition of "public dancing pleasure" during the war years, large orchestras still performed in the "Georgspalast" until it was bombed out.
Great guest performances during the 1950s
In 1948 the new owner Wilhelm Hirte first opened the GOP Varieté Theater and later the gondola bar in the "Georgspalast". The first joint event took place on May 25, 1948. The house established itself: well-known singers, folk actors and film stars appeared in the GOP. The magician Kalanag enchanted the audience several times. There was hardly anyone of high standing in show business who was not on stage in the GOP in Hanover in the 1950s. Paul Hörbiger and Gert Fröbe were also under contract here, as were Josephine Baker, Olga Chekhowa and Heinz Erhardt. And when Zarah Leander was a guest at the GOP for a month in 1960, hundreds of onlookers crowded around the entrance.
Television meant a temporary end
But the GOP was not spared from the power of television: As for many other establishments, this development meant the temporary end for the GOP Varieté-Theater in Hanover. As one of the last houses in Germany, it closed its doors in mid-1962.
1992 reopening with an international program
After a break of 30 years, the GOP reopened in December 1992. Today the GOP develops and shows modern variety art: Artists from all over the world present their unique performances here, from acrobatics and magic to weird comedy. The two-hour show program changes every two months. The visitors of the Georgspalast now know that a simple bicycle can provide the basis for a breathtaking stunt and that artists go up walls when a pole is nearby. Hanover's theater director Dennis Bohnecke and the 120-strong team provide first-class entertainment with Niveu.
- What are they all doing
- Difference Between Nationalized and Foreign Banks
- What is the principle behind a helicopter?
- Where should I live near Hobart
- Can see birds through glass
- What are the characteristics of mercantilism
- Eucalyptus reduces soil fertility
- Which is colder Boston or Chicago
- How hatred spreads
- What is a terrible excuse
- Why did the Kashmiri hate India
- How can I dress up wrinkled eyelids?
- Why do Russians love bears
- How can you start playing hockey
- Who is Aswath Damodaran
- Why is Singapore IT so bad
- Which Indian TV broadcaster is paid media
- Why can't teenagers buy alcohol?
- ABA is recommended for Asperger's
- What does the word archaic mean?
- It is important to please people
- What is the name of this knot
- Why are soap operas called soap operas
- Is sapiosexually weird