What is comfort
Part of speech: noun, (male)Other spellings:
- Comfort, no plural
- IPA: [kɔmˈfoːɐ̯]
- 1) Convenience due to external circumstances
- from englishcomfort = Convenience borrowed in the 19th century; older meaning: consolation, strengthening; from old Frenchconfort = Consolation, strengthening; to the verb conforter = comfort, strengthen, educated; from Latinconfortare = "Strong" or "strengthen"; from the prefixcon- = with, together and the adjectivefortis = strong, strong; related to Away
- 1) convenience
- 1) Convenience, comfort, luxury
- 1) Discomfort
- 1) Driving comfort, closing comfort (→ soft closing comfort), wearing comfort
- 1) The new model offers great Comfort.
- 1) with everythingComfort fitted
- comfortable, comfort telephone.
- Nominative: singular Comfort; Plural —
- Genitive: singular Comfort; Plural —
- Dative: singular Comfort; Plural —
- Accusative: singular Comfort; Plural —
- English: 1) comfort
- Esperanto: 1) comfort
- French: 1) confort (male)
- Italian: 1) comfort
- Swedish: 1) comfort
- Turkish: 1) conform
- Hungarian: 1) kényelem
Similar words (German):come forward
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„More Comfort for seniors and people with disabilities.“
Mopo, August 02, 2019
„For more Comfort and privacy in group chat, WhatsApp wants to enable selected contacts to answer privately.“
Day 24, November 03, 2018
„The new generation of the Bentley Flying Spur is more dynamic and should be even more Comfort Offer.“
Today.at, June 12, 2019
„Get your Windows running at full speed: With these insider tricks you can improve speed, security and Comfort in the blink of an eye.“
Computer picture, December 28, 2018
„The Airstream Basecamp is robust and all-terrain and offers the Comfort of a comfortable caravan. Now comes the X model, it has been specially optimized for off-road slopes.“
stern.de, January 13, 2019
„What about the 50 largest train stations in Europe? Comfort and usability?“
BILD.de, February 17, 2020
„A remand prison in Kiev provides some prisoners with elevated cells Comfort to prevent corruption.“
TAZ, June 04, 2020
„New double-decker trains from Deutsche Bahn are supposed to be for more Comfort to care.“
Berliner Morgenpost, February 5th, 2020
„Our test shows that you can buy a new mouse with little investment Comfort can increase significantly.“
heise online, January 11, 2020
„The TopFlow system from garant Kotte offers more performance and Comfort during the slurry spreading.“
agrarheute.com, August 04, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Convenience: the presence of pleasant feelings due to the presence of certain objects, devices and devices; without plural: lack of motivation to do anything
- Cosiness: Feeling of security, familiarity and security; calm, unambitious approach; according to E. T. A. Hoffmann: situations and especially conversations that affect the mind
Another word (synonym) for comfort - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "comfort":
belly: ... Bengoa the 'Pinta' on his stomach. "4c)" Good for hunters, alpine farmers and foresters who appreciate the comfort and inconspicuousness of a Golf or Passat, but have more air under the ...
Latvian: ... his Latvian wife with. 2) "In addition, the Latvian railway is not for those in a hurry, and the level of comfort corresponds to the 1930s." 2) "So the Latvian system change was a ...
comodità:… Scomodità Subordinate terms: 1) soluzione di comodità (solution of embarrassment) German translations: 1) Ease (feminine), comfort (masculine) ...
comfortable: with convenience, comfort, good technical equipment Origin of the term: Derivation to comfort with the derivative (derivative morphem) -abel Opposite words: 1) Spartan, uncomfortable Examples of use: 1) The study is very comfortably furnished
earphones:… 1) Ergonomically shaped, lightweight earphones with noise isolation offer a high level of comfort. Typical word combinations: 1) wearing earphones Derived words: 1) ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Comfort" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (21.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Komfort/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "comfort" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Comfort ventilation (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular die comfort ventilation; Most of the comfort ventilation ...
Comfort ventilation (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Kom | fort | lüf | tun | gen Grammatical features: nominative plural ...
Comfort (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Kom | forts Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [kɔmˈfoːɐ̯s]…
Comfort zone (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular comfort zone; Plural comfort zones genitive: ...
Comfort zones (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Kom | fort | zo | nen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Komi (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular (das) Komi; Plural - genitive: singular (des) ...
Komi-Permyak (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular 1 (das) Komi-Permjakisch; Singular 2 that ...
Komi-Permyak (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ko | mi-Perm | ja | ki | cal pronunciation / stress: IPA: ...
Komi-Permyak (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ko | mi-Perm | ja | ki | schen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Komi-Permyaks (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ko | mi-Perm | ja | kischs Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
- The Never Trump movement is dead
- Has read Karl Popper William Godwin
- What is the piston of an engine
- Are you naturally more worrying
- What is a black accent
- Why does October have two birthstones
- How to get marijuana in Pakistan
- What are good snacks for choosy children
- How is Nirma University's MBA program
- What do economists think of economists
- Why is Kanye West supporting Donald Trump
- Why did Apple create Safari
- What is Oxbow Lake
- How is your mood right now 1
- What does a wrong flag mean?
- Do you believe in romantic love
- Is Modi ji is anti-Indian
- What is political apathy
- What determines which cities are protected cities
- Donald Trump is clearly screwed right now
- India is quickly becoming the next superpower
- What are the predominant land forms in Switzerland?
- Does physics include astronomy
- What can other nations learn from California