How did Republic Day come about?
Republic Day (GDR)
The Day of the Republic, also National holiday of the German Democratic Republic (GDR), was the state holiday of the GDR and was from 1950 committed on October 7th until 1989.
Foundation of the GDR on October 7, 1949 in Berlin
- Jörg Koch: day of the Republic, in the S. That you don't forget history - state commemorative and public holidays from 1871 to today. Wbg Academic, Darmstadt 2019, ISBN 978-3-534-40186-4, pp. 247-252.
- ↑ Law on the introduction of the holidays "Liberation Day" and "Republic Day" of April 21, 1950 (Journal of Laws p. 355)
- ↑ Andrea Westhoff: 25 years ago - Heavy riot after a rock concert on Alexanderplatz. Calendar sheet. (No longer available online.) Deutschlandradio, October 7, 2002, archived from the original on September 10, 2012; accessed on February 28, 2016.
- ↑ Andreas Förster: Bloody strawberries under the television tower. In: Berlin newspaper, October 7, 2000
- ^ Official celebrations "40 Years of the GDR" on jugendopposition.de; accessed on March 8, 2017.
- ^ Demonstrations on October 7th and 8th, 1989 in Berlin on jugendopposition.de; accessed on March 8, 2017.
- ↑ Gerold Hildebrand: The disabled investigation. Police and Stasi attacks on the 40th anniversary of the GDR in East Berlin and the consequences. In: Listen and look, Volume 18, Issue 63, (1/2009), pp. 4-7. horch-und-guck.info (Memento from October 5, 2013 in Internet Archive) accessed on March 23, 2013
- Can Germans read old English
- What mental illness does Donald Trump have
- What makes Indian friends happy
- How did bottled water become so popular?
- What's wrong with being vain
- What caused the war of 1812
- Education brings wisdom
- Why don't our eyes grow
- What is Trump's 2019 Immigration Plan
- Why don't Australians celebrate Halloween
- What's your rating of Indigo Airlines
- What are the characteristics of antisocial behavior
- Have evil narcissists friends
- Should women be paid for housework
- Islam Does Islam support an open marriage?
- Does globalization lead to the loss of national culture
- How much does a ferret cost
- How long should a man live
- Why color black is not white
- When are you coming to India
- Is Katrina Kaif's beauty overrated?
- Who has executive power in Nepal?
- In which countries is SuperStar BTS available?
- What is the meaning of political theory