Is Piers Morgan jealous of Prince Harry
Thomas Markle: "I was jealous of Prince Charles"
Thomas Markle (73) advised Prince Harry (33) "never raise your hand" when he asked for permission to marry his daughter Meghan (36). The 73-year-old revealed this in his first interview after the royal wedding that Thomas Markle had missed.
"I said to him: 'You are a gentleman, promise me that you will never raise your hand against my daughter' and then I gave him my permission," said Thomas Markle, according to British media reports on the TV show "Good Morning Britain ". He also revealed to moderators Piers Morgan (53) and Susanna Reid (47) that he wished he had been the one who led Meghan to the altar. He cried when he watched from the sofa as Prince Charles (69) stood in for him on May 19 at the wedding.
Sorry about paparazzi pictures
The former lighting director, who now lives in Mexico, was unable to attend his daughter's wedding because of a heart operation. Before that, he had changed his mind several times about whether or not to come to England. British media had revealed that he had worked with a paparazzo to put snapshots in which he appears in a positive light. For this "serious mistake" he apologized to Harry and Meghan, according to Markle.
"The unfortunate thing for me now is that I am a footnote in one of the greatest moments in history, instead of the father who led her to the altar," said Markle, summarizing his situation in the interview. For him, however, it is an honor to have been replaced by Prince Charles - even if he added that he was "jealous" when he saw it.
He would have preferred to keep that to himself
What is likely to please Prince Charles and the royal family less is that Thomas Markle apparently also divulged details from his first phone calls with Prince Harry in the interview: They talked a lot about politics, according to Markle, who claims to have betrayed the British Royal how unhappy he was with US President Donald Trump. Markle claims that Prince Harry said at the time that Trump should be "given a chance" and that, in Markle's opinion, the Royal should have been "open to the experiment" Brexit.
Is there still an invitation from the Queen? Thomas Markle also said in the TV appearance that he hopes to come to London soon to meet the royal family: "I'm looking forward to it. I would like to meet the Queen. I have had great respect for this woman since I was a child . For me she is one of the most incredible women in the world. "#Subjects
- Political exclusion is inevitable
- What is the name of Holland now
- Can you forgive your ex
- Why should the government shut down?
- How did Michel Foucault die
- How beautiful is the Korean drama
- When did people start mining?
- Might cause hallucinations from cannabis
- What are some health and safety rules
- Who is the goddess Raktadantika
- Should states be allowed to cede
- How fast old ships traveled
- Is HDMI the standard today?
- Why do we like to pick fights
- Why is New Zealand blocking foreign investment
- What is a rare talent
- Is there a plant that breeds animals?
- Could you explain the Buddhist concept of nirvana?
- Will Hispanic Immigration Kill the Republican Party
- Why do Kannadigas look like Africans
- What does Social Security Disability Insurance pay?
- What are good business ideas for Dubai
- How can atheists
- Mexico has a strong military