Tamil is the longest surviving classical language
Difference Between Tamil and Hindi
Tamil versus Hindi
India is known for its diversity in its population and culture. It also has a wide variety of languages spoken and written by people to communicate with one another. Two of the most famous Indian languages are Tamil and Hindi.
Both Tamil and Hindi are classified as Indian languages. They belong to the different language families. Hindi belongs to the Indo-European language family. It is further classified into Indo-Aryans, Central Family, West Hindi, Khamboli, Hindustani, and Standard Hindi. Hindi is traditionally written in Devanagari Script.
Hindi is one of the official languages of India. The other official language is English as the implementation of Hindi as the language of government is an ongoing process. Hindi is not only the official language of the country, but also the official language of its nine states and the official language in other federal states.
As the official language in India, Hindi is taught in many areas of the country. Many Hindus also speak it abroad. It follows that there are more people or native speakers of Hindi. The most recent number is 160 million excluding those who speak Urdu.
Tamil, on the other hand, belongs to the Dravidian language and is written in the Tamil script. Tamil is one of the four Dravidian languages, which also includes Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam. It is the oldest of the four languages.
Tamil also has a very long history. It has existed for more than 2000 years. This makes Tamil the oldest and longest surviving classical language in the world.
Hindi is widely spoken by people in north and central India while Tamil is spoken by the people of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry, an area of the Union of India. In addition to India, it is also spoken in Sri Lanka, Singapore, Malaysia, and Mauritius.
In India, Tamil is only official in Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry. In other areas it is one of the minority languages as well as one of the 22 classified languages. In addition, Tamil enjoys the status of receiving classical status as the first language.
According to the latest statistics, the language is spoken by 65 million people as their mother tongue.
Tamil also refers to the people who speak the Tamil language and its culture.
- Both Tamil and Hindi are Indian languages spoken by Hindu. However, there are many differences between the two.
- Both languages came from different language families. Hindi came from the Indo-European language family, while Tamil is a descendant of the Dravidian languages. Hindi is written in the Devanagari script, while Tamil uses its own distinctive script.
- Hindi enjoys the status of one of the country's official languages. It is also the official language in many federal states as well as the official language in the other federal states. It is spread by the people mainly in north and central India. Its native speakers are more than half of the Tamil native speakers. On the other hand, Tamil enjoys the status of an official language in the state of Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry. It is spoken in other countries too.
- Tamil is much older compared to Hindi. It is the oldest of the Dravidian languages and one of the longest and most enduring languages in the world. In addition, it is considered one of the classic languages in India.
- Tamil is understood not only as a descriptive term for a particular language, but also for the people who speak it. On the other hand, there is no counterpart for the Hindi language other than the national identity of Hindu.
- The apocrypha are the scriptures
- Double vision is dangerous
- What was your most unforgettable road trip
- Who are the most successful Russian entrepreneurs
- How do you people read?
- Is the IIEST Shibpur MBA internship good
- Why is fascism an ideology in its own right?
- Antarctica has its own time zone
- What is Arthashastra about
- What caused the Great Depression in 1929
- Why are people disappearing from Pakistan
- Hard water is no healthier than filtered water
- Are politicians interested in us at all?
- Why do Illuminati sacrifice people
- Why is Theresa May delaying Brexit
- Can foreign actors be in Korea?
- Who is really responsible for Indian independence?
- How many types of directors are there
- Why can Luffy Sea Kings hear
- Which basketball shoes should I get
- Good layout designs in Android apps
- How many Koreans use Quora
- What do you think makes life worthwhile
- Why do states have their own flags
- Is taught law in English in Japan
- What is meant by anti-religious
- Where does Christianity come from?
- How does asthma spread
- What is a jubilee
- How tall is Harry Styles really
- Why is the risk in proportion to the reward
- Why don't Hindus kill an animal?
- How much does a watch battery cost
- Women like brown men