Can the Boeing 737 MAX be repaired?
FAA orders repairs to Boeing 737 MAX
According to the FAA, 109 machines are affected, 71 of which are approved in the USA. The repairs should require a maximum of 24 hours of work per aircraft, the supervisor estimated.
Boeing warned customers about a potential defect around three weeks ago and advised them to suspend operations until possible defects in the power supply system could be ruled out.
US airlines then withdrew dozens of machines from service. This step was voluntary, the FAA did not have a start ban. Boeing later admitted that the problem was wider than expected, affecting components in several areas of the cockpit.
The now published FAA directive to ensure the airworthiness of the 737 MAX seems to confirm the assumption already made by Boeing that the rectification of defects does not cause excessive effort.
The supervisory authority puts the cost of repairing the 71 aircraft registered in the USA at around 155,000 dollars. Boeing CEO Dave Calhoun had previously stated that no more than a few days of work per machine should be necessary.
A total of over 400 aircraft were affected
In addition to the 109 customer aircraft, however, 300 other 737 MAXs that have not yet been delivered must also be overhauled - Boeing has temporarily stopped deliveries.
A potentially incorrectly grounded emergency generator must be re-installed, and Boeing must correct a problem in a switching module.
According to the FAA, the errors can impair the function of safety-relevant systems including the engine ice protection, which could endanger a safe onward flight and a safe landing.
In addition to the jets in flight operations, hundreds of 737 MAXs, which Boeing has built since 2019 and have not yet handed over to customers, also have to be repaired.
After two crashes, with a total of 346 deaths, the model series was banned from flying for around 20 months and was only approved again in the USA in November. The reason for the accidents was considered to be defective control software. The current problems are not related to it, assures Boeing.
© aero.de, dpa-AFX | Fig .: Boeing | 04/29/2021 05:36
Comments (1) Go to the homepage
To be able to write a comment, you have to register or log in at aero.de.
Post from 04/29/2021 - 09:57
I would say that BOEING should start from scratch and rethink the entire business concept!
Boeing starts 2021 with deep red numbers
FAA: Electrical problem of the 737 MAX still unsolved
New problem with Boeing 737 MAX far reaching than expected
Boeing warns of a new problem with the 737 MAX
This entry was edited on 04/29/2021 9:57 AM.
- What are the disadvantages of being overqualified
- India accepts dual citizenship
- What does Hanukkah mean in Telugu
- Which HIM is best
- Do you have nepotism in your country?
- Who is Faredoon Jehangir Gandhi's father
- May Hindus homosexuals
- How did modiism ruin Indian politics
- Is an apprenticeship good for instrumentation graduates
- When does feminism go too far?
- What is an antagonist
- How do unattractive men take in girls
- Will win Modi in the next election
- What are the reasons for Trump's controversy?
- Can satellite phones be tracked?
- Which verbs end with ing
- Is Mody University good for an MBA
- Who is the hottest British actress
- Is crypto currency legal in India in 2018
- Has Real Madrid ever won a triple
- What are some rap songs about depression
- Is online shopping better than window shopping
- Where can I sell my online shop
- Some sheets are too expensive