How can God and man be one?
Four steps on the way to oneness
It was an international congregation that Chief Apostle Jean-Luc Schneider preached on June 25, 2015 in Singapore / Southeast Asia: “With so many children of God from so many different countries and regions here, I couldn't resist the urge to preach on the topic of oneness ", he said. So he chose the Bible verse from John 17:21, 22: “So that they may all be one. As you, father, are in me and I are in you, they should also be in us, so that the world may believe that you sent me. And I gave them the glory that you gave me that they might be one as we are one ”.
The trinity as a model
The Chief Apostle named the Trinity of God as the ultimate model for oneness: “God has revealed himself as Father, as Son and as Holy Spirit. They are three different people, but they form a unit. They completely agree. "
“What does it mean when God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one?” He asked, answering four points:
- They want the same thing.
- You share everything.
- They do not speak much of themselves, but rather bear testimony of the other.
- They work together towards the same goal.
Cause: Separation from God
“Our understanding of oneness is quite limited,” Chief Apostle Schneider drew attention to the people: “If there are no conflicts or disputes and we accept each other, we already see it as oneness. But the Lord is much more ambitious. He wants us to be one as he and the Father are. And with Jesus Christ it is possible. "
“Let's look at the causes of lack of oneness,” he continued: “Adam and Eve had perfect fellowship with God. And then they fell into sin and saw separation from God. This continued in the sons. There was conflict between them. Since that time man has tried in vain to create oneness and unity. "
Basis: Oneness in God
“Man can only be united in God.” To this end, Jesus took the first step: “He became man in order to share being human with us, in order to feel and suffer with us. He made his sacrifice and gave us his life. Through baptism with water and the Spirit, God dwells in us. He gives us Holy Communion so that this divine life can develop in us. "
“That is the first step: God in man,” the Chief Apostle made clear: “The rest is our task. We want to become one with Jesus Christ. ”In order to achieve this, it is necessary to follow the example of the Trinity. Oneness with Christ therefore means:
- That we want the same thing as he: "He wants us to enter into eternal communion with him."
- That we share everything with him: “His thoughts are our thoughts, his feelings are our feelings. His friends are our friends. His enemy is our enemy. "
- That we bear testimony of Jesus Christ: "When we are one with him, we no longer talk so much about our own deeds, but talk about his deeds, his love and his sacrifice."
- That we are working towards his goal: "We want to work with him for his work."
"We need each other"
“Oneness does not mean that we must all become the same. We do not have to give up our personality, tradition or culture, ”emphasized Chief Apostle Schneider:“ We are different, but we have one and the same will. And the one who decides is Jesus Christ. We follow his will. "
"I believe that many problems would be solved if everyone were aware of their task: namely, to glorify the name of God instead of always imposing his ideas, thoughts and deeds on everyone else," he warned. “God wants us to work together and lead by example so that the task of the church may be fulfilled: to preach the gospel to all and to provide access to the salvation of Christ. We need each other to accomplish this mission. "
- Mexico hates the US
- What are some examples of being cynical
- Where can I buy bitcoin cash
- Is a guru necessary for enlightenment
- It is important to please people
- Which is the most ruthless mafia
- Thailand has an independence day
- Who discovered the island of Jersey
- What is Fraunhofer Diffraction
- Which are some invisible pictures of actresses
- Who buys used cars
- Narendra Modi has a really dark side
- Is BITS Pilani better than IIT
- Why are engineers so obsessed
- How different are Veershaivas and Lingayats
- Pakistan will soon be destroyed
- Lies Trump more than previous presidents
- What is MongoDB in the MEAN stack
- How can I see local news online
- Who is T S Kalyanaraman 1
- What is the importance of plantation agriculture
- How did it get cool to be a gangster
- Did Pakistan really invade Balochistan?
- How dangerous are fragmentation grenades