Is anyone afraid of social media?
Social Phobia, Isolation, and Its Consequences: Risk Factor for Mental Illness
If getting to know new people or doing a job in public becomes a burden, the step to your own isolation is not far away. The fear of everyday things in public, such as going shopping or withdrawing money, paralyzes and makes those affected feel stress. Once in isolation, the way back is difficult on your own and hardly manageable without professional help. Social phobia is one of the most common anxiety disorders in this country - along with panic disorders, generalized anxiety disorders, agoraphobia and specific phobias (fear of flying, fear of heights). Around 7 to 12% of the population will get it at least once in their life. Women are affected more often than men. As a rule, the disease first occurs in adolescence.
The greatest fear of people with social phobia is that other people find them strange, embarrassing or even ridiculous. They are embarrassed about their own behavior and visible signs of fear. These include blushing, sweating or trembling. Fear refers to situations in which you as a person are the focus of attention, could be observed or assessed. It can also occur in situations where contact with other people is necessary, for example when talking to strangers, with people of the opposite sex, or when dealing with persons of authority. People with social phobia avoid situations like this as much as possible or only persevere under severe fear. An increase in the physical fear response can range up to a panic attack.
- The violence has increased since 9/11
- Medicare covers and pays for the hospice
- Cats are bad pets to own
- What is meant by democratic government
- Is Europe really that great in general?
- Churches can receive federal funding
- How do you make good best friends
- Think people envy INTJs
- What is the status of Azad Jammu Kashmir
- Is RT conservative or liberal
- Why do I not understand most human emotions
- What are some examples of recruiting strategies
- Which ferry should I take to Bintan?
- Why is journalism not a profession
- What are some causes of dizziness
- What are some good Google product alternatives
- Which organizations fight cross-border organized crime?
- Is Baahubali 2 a good movie
- What do people want from tailor-made jewelry
- Helps cocaine with a bipolar
- What are levels
- Are there any original thoughts
- Psychopaths are always deadly
- Can a sociopath get obsessive-compulsive disorder