Which countries have the lowest proportion of foreigners?
Proportion of foreigners in the EU countries in 2020
Published by Bruno Urmersbach on April 29, 2021
With a proportion of foreigners of around 47.3 percent in 2020, almost every second inhabitant of Luxembourg has a foreign nationality - a record in the European Union (EU-27). With a share of around 38.7 percent foreigners from the EU, most people have moved the center of their lives from other European countries to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. However, not only European countries are represented in the figures for the most common citizenships in Luxembourg. After all, around 8.55 percent of all residents of Luxembourg are not citizens of the EU.
Proportion of foreigners in the European UnionThe proportion of foreigners in the EU-27 (excluding the UK) averages around 8.1 percent in 2020. Around 3 percent of all EU citizens do not live in the EU country of their nationality but in another EU country; in the respective EU country they are considered to be EU foreigners or EU internal migrants. Around 5.1 percent of all residents in the European Union have non-EU citizenship, they are also referred to as non-EU foreigners or, less often, as third-country nationals (with the exception of EEA countries).
ExplanationsThis statistic shows the share of foreign nationals in the total population of the member states of the European Union (EU-27) in 2020. Citizenship is the special legal bond between a person and his or her state, either by birth or by naturalization (depending on the national Legislation through declaration, election, marriage or other means) is acquired. Foreign nationals are people who are not nationals of the country in which they are resident. This also includes stateless persons.
What data on migration does Statista offer?Statista provides extensive statistics for the EU and the member states of the European Union on, among other things:
- Smriti Irani is paid by Kapil Sibal
- How dangerous is barbed wire
- What knowledge is required for iOS development
- What water does Cristiano Ronaldo drink
- Is NF a better rapper than Eminem
- How many scientists are Earth's young creationists
- Is GoAir a good airline
- Kahooth is free for teachers
- How is technology changing India
- Is there really terrorism
- What is 2500 4523 5687
- Why is there a shortage of welders?
- Why should I focus more on learning?
- Should I learn linear algebra
- How does Sweden compare to New Zealand?
- What does mallu
- Why is innovation important
- In which areas does Amazon burn cash
- Who fought for Indian independence
- Where can I find talented blockchain consultants
- What is the greatest threat to life
- Indians wear wedding rings
- What is neoliberalism in education
- How strong is ravana