Guard dogs know they are working
The guard dog as protection against burglars
Break-ins into private homes are becoming increasingly popular. The residents are increasingly worried and are thinking about possible protective measures. The watch dog is also getting into conversation more and more often. But which dog is suitable as a guard dog? Can it really replace an alarm system?
Dogs have excellent hearing and have been guardians for thousands of years. The four-legged friends are particularly attentive at night. When comparing costs, however, you immediately notice that the guard dog is much more expensive in the course of its life than a very good alarm system, because it makes demands such as care, social contact, walks and education. If the four-legged friend takes his job too seriously, he can quickly annoy the entire neighborhood with persistent barking, even welcome visitors are often no longer allowed on the property.
A dog of a "watchdog breed" can happily greet strangers at one year old, overreact out of uncertainty at two years old and still be a reliable guardian at three years old. It is therefore always important that the owner accompanies his four-legged friend through the individual phases of life and gives instructions.
The guard dog as protection against burglars?
It is less the fear than the noise caused by the dog that scares off burglars. Since mostly "easy opportunities" are used, people shy away from the risk of drawing attention to themselves by barking. So if the burglars are not aiming at a certain object, the dog can certainly serve as protection. However, if they want to penetrate a specific house, the four-legged friend is only of limited use. Treats and intimidation are used to gain the dog's trust. If the burglar wants to enter a specific house, he will find ways that he can pull through despite the dog.
Which breeds of dogs are suitable as a guard dog?
Many dogs report unusual things on their own property, even if they do not belong to those breeds that are immediately associated with a "watchdog". That is why you should think about how you imagine living together and what you can really offer the dog right from the start. One example is the German Shepherd Dog. He is considered a classic watchdog and usually the family is very important to him. In addition, it should be very people-oriented, attentive, sporty and always ready for action. Also vigilant towards strangers. For a pure watch dog, especially if he is kept alone in the kennel most of the time, the German Shepherd is actually unsuitable.
Most classic working dog breeds such as Doberman, Rottweiler, Boxer or Giant Schnauzer were bred to work very closely with humans. These breeds are particularly suitable if you can offer the dog a close family connection and also want to raise him to be a watchdog.
Classic farm dog breeds such as Spitz, Bernese Mountain Dog, Leonberger or German Pinscher are more suitable for (partly) outdoor keeping. But here too, sufficient social contact with people and walks outside the property should be ensured. These breeds bring a lot of independence and were bred to make decisions on their own and are therefore very serious even in adulthood. Ball games and classic dog sports tend to appreciate classic farm dog breeds less. Here, too, the question is again what exactly humans expect from four-legged friends.
Has your dog ever protected you from burglars?
- Are Arabs darker than Pakistanis
- Which dessert is famous from Egypt
- Controls RAW the USA
- What is the commitment period with TCS
- Which country will China invade?
- What is the IBM employee selection process
- Can be toxic to palladium
- Which is correct the 51st or 51st.
- What is a queer platonic relationship
- Should America legalize all undocumented immigrants
- What are the characteristics of mercantilism
- How can Tamil Eelam gain independence
- Should women be allowed to be pastors
- How are Australian graduates viewed around the world
- Do you like being a Polish citizen?
- Which browsers support progressive web apps
- Are there black people in Estonia?
- What is a real estate investment business
- What celebrities have served time in prison
- General reserve is what type of account
- Many Romanians speak Italian
- Which airlines hire low-hour pilots?
- How does the human eye perceive shadows?
- Why can't Pakistan control Balochistan?