What are audio games
Radio plays - useful and popular
Radio plays are a valuable addition to reading and support the development of active listening skills, language, creativity and empathy.
Radio plays are very popular with children and represent one valuable addition to reading aloud In order for children to be able to use hearing media consciously, they need enough space and time. An own "Radio play corner" gives the children the opportunity to withdraw and to devote their full attention to the story undisturbed.
It should be noted that audio media no substitute for reading aloud and studying books together because the exchange with a trusted person as well as the possibility of asking questions, explaining and talking to one another are usually missing here!
Radio plays support the development of skills
Radio plays show that the more passive use of media can also contribute to the development of various skills:
- They support language development and promote active listening skills.
- The children can expand and consolidate their vocabulary and become familiar with sentence structure and grammar.
- By listening to unknown stories, they get to know new characters, situations and ways of acting and can thus expand their own repertoire of ways of reacting, manners, conflict resolution strategies, etc.
- While listening, the children paint pictures of the story, which in turn stimulates creativity and imagination.
- Putting yourself in the hands of acting characters supports the development of empathic skills.
Radio plays - from when?
When a child can start using radio plays does not depend so much on their age as on their age personal development level from. How long can it focus? What is their attention span? What topics is it interested in? It is also helpful if he or she has already had previous experience with listening while reading or storytelling.
Selection of suitable radio plays
In addition to the age recommendation, it makes sense that the story is interesting and understandable for the children. A linear, self-contained course of action simplifies understanding. The characters should also be clearly classified into categories such as "good" and "bad" and enable the children to empathize with them.
Watch the children as they listen:
- Can you pick up what you hear?
- Which stories do you hear again and again or do you particularly like?
- Which passages encourage you to join in in the form of singing along, speaking along, moving along, etc.?
This can give you information about the current level of development as well as information about any deficits of the children. In addition, these observations can help you with the selection of listening options and provide incentives and ideas for in-depth analysis of the stories.
Ideas for actively engaging with radio plays
- Talk to the children about what you hear! Ask questions like: What did you like most and what did you not like so much? What sounds did you hear? What happened in the end? Etc.
- Stop a radio play in between and let the children tell how the story could go on.
- Have the children draw scenes or figures from their favorite radio play and thus put the images that emerged in their heads while listening to paper on paper.
- Sing together the songs that can be heard in the radio plays. Think of simple dance choreographies and practice them with the children.
- Acting characters, important objects and utensils can be tinkered and used to stage the radio play as a theater piece.
- Radio plays can also be filmed by the children - e.g. as a stop-motion film or as a stick puppet theater.
To the MeKi article:About the importance of listening and reading
To the MeKi practice idea: Design media - we make a radio play!
To further MeKi practice ideas all about hearing and auditory media
You are looking for suitable radio plays for children from 3 years? In the AUDITORIX audiobook database you can browse for children's audiobooks, sorted by age group and genre, that have been awarded the AUDITORIX audiobook seal.
- India still needs a partition
- Why don't people go barefoot
- Is the BlackBerry Q10 good or not
- Why is Moana not a princess
- What would happen if Australia bought Canada?
- Is Hennessy a type of whiskey
- ABBA was popular in the US
- How is AMU for Hindus
- How do I make money with Openload
- Why don't people like hypebeast fashion style
- A blood test may detect a brain tumor
- What makes a good protagonist
- Can someone become an artist 1
- What are good conversation skills
- What is Ficks 1. Law of Diffusion
- How do I buy glasses online
- Who was Lord Krishna's grandfather
- Why does Pakistan need democracy
- Was Benedict Arnold really a traitor?
- What is happening to the European economy
- Is Jared Kushner really smart
- What is special about Harley Davidson
- How many types of directors are there
- Are newspapers recyclable
- When should you not receive holy communion?
- Should women be allowed to be pastors
- Hindus worship multiple deities
- How do I broadcast on my TV
- How can Taiwan avoid reunification with China
- What's up with Newcastle Football Club
- What is a flame sensor made of
- What happens if I vote without registering
- How do NBA teams make money
- How did I meet people in Thiruvananthapuram