Eating helps you think
Food for the Brain - What Makes You Think Better
Our brain is a glutton. With an average weight of 1.5 kilograms, it consumes 17 to 25 percent of the body's total energy when at rest. Eating healthy leads to better brain performance. It not only has a protective effect against physical, mental and neurological diseases, but also increases your mental performance.
Conversely, unhealthy food leads to poor physical and mental health. In this article I would like to show you a selection of foods that are particularly beneficial the functioning of your brain impact. Nowadays the term 'brain food' is used more and more for this.
Water and tea
The brain consists of 3/4 water. Because of this, it is not surprising that this is exactly what should be consumed in large quantities, as it has a great influence on the functioning of the brain. A lot of is recommended 2 to 3 liters during the day. If you do sport, which also has a positive effect on your brain, you should consume more accordingly. When people don't drink enough, the dendrites in the brain that absorb information shrink. This leads to a corresponding deterioration in brain performance.
Furthermore, the consumption of many types of tea is recommended. Green tea For example, it not only promotes blood circulation and is anti-inflammatory, but also stimulates brain activity.
Carbohydrates-Grains, Legumes and Potatoes
carbohydrates are the first nutrient (e.g. when reading) that your brain uses up. Cereals, legumes, and potatoes contain carbohydrates that are relatively quickly available to the body, and these are good for the head. The increased formation of the messenger substance 'serotonin' through the absorption of carbohydrates leads to a better mood and prevents stress. That has a positive effect on cognitive skills like the ability to concentrate out.
Almost all of them Cold water fishsuch as salmon and herring are good sources of omega-3 fatty acids, one of the main components of our brain. These fatty acids support the communication between the brain cells and it comes to one better problem-solving skills, an increased ability to remember and it is easier to absorb new learning content.
Many fruits support the ability to access services more quickly. Fruits such as watermelon, pineapple, orange, kiwi, plum, cherries, grapes and apples are suitable. Avocados are particularly valuable for mental performance. They have high levels of monounsaturated fat, which are the Blood flow to the brain promote. In addition, their consumption protects the brain cells. But blueberries are also known to have that Thinking ability and increase the performance of your brain.
Increase the saturated fat in eggs the memory and improve the Memory performance. The 'choline' contained in the egg yolk, an essential component of the brain cells, is primarily responsible for this.
Red meat, green vegetables, or liver
Iron is very important to the brain as it is the Supplying the brain with oxygen promotes. Oxygen is of paramount importance for maintaining mental performance. If there is a lack of iron, it can lead to concentration disorders and impaired memory. Good sources of iron are red meat (e.g. beef, wild boar), but also green vegetables such as broccoli, which is also considered a radical catcher.
Nuts as omega-3 suppliers
As alternative Omega-3 suppliers nuts are suitable. They give your brain the energy it needs to work at its peak. Walnuts, for example, prevent poor concentration and relieve nervousness. Cashew nuts have a stress-relieving and positive regulating effect on protein and carbohydrate metabolism.  
Brain food lets you work more concentrated!
With the right diet, you can the performance of your brain significantly increase. You work more concentrated, fight fatigue and are less stressed. In addition, healthy eating has a positive effect on your body. It is up to you to improve the performance of your thinking organ so why not?
 Medscape Germany Neurology (2012), brain food protection against mental and neurological diseases through nutrition, http://www.medscapemedizin.de/artikel/4900223#6
 Study for success (2012), Brain Food - Correct Nutrition for Successful Learning, http://www.study4success.de/zentration-steigern/brain-food
- Why do we believe conspiracy theories
- Shameless UK TV series is worth watching
- What is the best jewelry for summer
- How can you make Christmas Eve magical
- Who are your most eccentric relatives
- Who wrote the theme song of the Twilight Zone
- What is the new korean drama
- What is the tourism industry
- What was Adolf Hitler's nationality
- How exactly is Moana with Polynesian culture
- Will cause fatigue to swimmers
- What is a manger in the Bible
- What does a country represent
- What is the life of an IIM MBA graduate like
- How does ISIS recruit people
- What do people thank you for
- How much of India are slums
- What is a lottery visa for Canada
- Cristiano Ronaldo drinks or smokes
- Why is the Indian media so corrupt
- What is a diamond ring grading system
- What am I so happy about Diwali
- Why is journalism dying
- Why is there a constellation called Cancer
- What is Belmont CA known for
- Why was ISIS ISIL not buried in Jordan
- What comes first creation or creator
- Are you abused 1
- How do people sink in the ocean?
- Should Israel destroy North Korean nuclear weapons
- Western Australia practices daylight saving time
- What are the Poles tired of explaining
- What is homeopathic medicine for bedwetting
- How would you describe your perfect girl