Castor oil heals the cataract
Eye drops dissolve cloudiness
In the human lens these can be divided into several families: α-, β- and γ-crystallins. Together, these make up 90 percent of soluble proteins. Crystallines are transparent, extremely stable and combine to form a highly ordered macrostructure, thus ensuring a relatively constant refractive index.
Since the differentiated cells of the lens no longer have cell organelles and can therefore not produce any proteins, the crystalline cells are retained for a lifetime. Preserving the function and structure of these proteins is critical to vision. There are therefore mechanisms in the eye that protect the lens cells from harmful influences.
In patients with cataracts there is a progressive denaturation of the crystalline in spite of these protective mechanisms. Damaged βγ-crystalline are bound and dissolved by α-crystalline. If the damage is too severe, complexes of α- and bound βγ-crystallines arise, which precipitate and cloud the lens. In patients with congenital cataracts, mutations in certain genes responsible for these processes - formation and maintenance of the crystalline - lead to an early clouding of the lens. Researchers led by Ling Zhao from Sichuan University in Chengdu, China, and colleagues from the University of California (UC) San Diego have discovered a mutation in a gene that is involved in the synthesis of lanosterol as the cause of the disease in two families with congenital cataracts is. The amphipathic molecule is a steroid that is found in high concentrations in the lens. It seems to prevent the aggregation of the lens proteins there, write the researchers in "Nature" (DOI: 10.1038 / nature14650).
- When did you discover your unknown ability?
- Which countries love America right now
- What did Christopher Columbus look like?
- What is Russia's continent
- Life was created in the laboratory
- What are the best teenage clothing stores
- Which state has many temples in india
- How do foreigners feel on Diwali
- Can you drive Do you like to drive?
- Which languages have the longest syllables
- How good is the University of Ibadan
- Is to prove God like music to prove
- What will stop an addict?
- Why don't our eyes grow
- A tarantula bite will kill you
- Is there a uniform at JNU
- Helps headspace with anxiety
- What are some famous Chinese fairy tales
- Is the MBBS course in AMU different
- Where does Prakash Raj come from
- Should rules exist in society
- Do you like Stepan Bandera
- Should boys go for cabin crew jobs
- What is Visa payWave