What is the plural of deer
How do you decline deer?
How does the declination of deer in German? You can find the answer in the tables below.
The declination of deer in the singular
|Nominative singular||the deer|
|Genitive singular||of the deer|
|Dative singular||the deer|
|Accusative singular||the deer|
The declination of Deer in plural
|Nominative plural||the deer|
|Genitive plural||the deer|
|Dative plural||the deer|
|Accusative plural||the deer|
When is which case correct?You already know how nominative, genitive, dative and accusative of deer rightly called. But when do you use which case? This is of course one of the complicated questions in German grammar and we certainly cannot give a complete answer here. Still, we hope the following summary helps you.
Use the nominative correctly: The stag, the stagsThe basic form of the noun is used for the nominative - so the form doesn't really cause any problems. However, the nominative plural is not always easy to form. In German there are many irregular plural forms and also rules according to which z. B. changes a vowel in the word (the bench => the benches). You just have to learn these rules and special cases.
No matter whether in the singular or in the plural: A word is always in the nominative if it is subject of the sentence is. This subject is asked with the question words who or What:
What's the name of "the deer"? – "The deer" called ...
Of the stag, the stags: This is how the genitive works.The genitive is the most seldom used case. But it is also the case where learners and German native speakers make a particularly large number of mistakes. In spoken German one often uses a construction with dative instead of the genitive, namely from the deer and not the genitive form of the deer. In the written language it is better to use the genitive!
The genitive is used to say what a thing belongs to or who is its owner. The appropriate question word is whose. So it says, for example:
Whose is that?
This is ... of the deer
The genitive is also mandatory after specific verbs. These verbs are called e.g. B. ... need (= need) or ... remember (= think of). In general, verbs that use the genitive as an object are rare. And: you sometimes read them in texts, but rarely hear them when Germans are talking to each other.
To the stag, the stags: This is how the dative works.The dative is used - for example: the deer - to show who is the recipient / addressee or target when talking about an action. That question words are whom or What. Here are a few verbs that are often used with the dative: offer, explain, lend, give, recommend, give, bring, write, send, show, wish ...
There are also some prepositions after which you use the dative, for example: of the stag, with the stag, with the stag.
The stag, the stags: How is the accusative used?The accusative - the deer - is the case that is used for the direct object, i.e. for the object of doing. With the question who or what? one can ask about objects in the accusative.
Who or what am I ignoring?
I ignore the deer.
I'm interested in the deer.
I think about the deer to.
You can find more information on declension and many other topics in German grammar in the app of GERMAN PERFECT TRAINER.
- Who sang the song Same Song
- Do people in Goa speak English
- What is the job situation like in Winnipeg
- Why do we live in this universe
- Is taught law in English in Japan
- How old is the population of Great Britain
- What do you call a spotted deer
- Is Ben Shapiro a white supremacist
- Will the world always need heroes
- Power lies in secrets
- What is Tamil Eelam
- What is your best negotiating trick
- What are Narendra Modi's scams
- What is hypothyroidism its symptoms and treatment
- Has read Karl Popper William Godwin
- Which combination of lagna and rashi is bad
- What is just and what is unjust
- What does an ISTP think of ENFP
- How do I become a vicious narcissist
- What is the opposite term of conductivity
- Why does Raj Thackeray meet Sonia Gandhi
- Is Donald Trump an ultra-nationalist
- What did Constantine do with the Bible?
- Why do some people lose themselves
- How FedEx travel discounts work
- Is politics a science 1
- When will Israel be attacked?
- What are your sexual fantasies and desires
- Putin is the Russian president for life
- When do you hate being attractive?
- Is Christianity compatible with homosexual rights?
- Why did NRIs return to India
- What are some funny misspellings