What is the GOP
How it all started
Between 1912 and 1913, the “Georgspalast” was built in Hanover as a commercial and office building. The integrated “Café-Restaurant Georgspalast” offered concerts by well-known orchestras from the mid-1920s - like other cafés and variety stages. As a modern dance café, it suddenly moved to the top among Hanoverian venues for jazz-oriented music. Despite the prohibition of “public dance pleasures” during the war years, large orchestras still performed in the Georgspalast until it was bombed out.
In 1948 the new owner Wilhelm Hirte first opened the GOP Varieté-Theater and later the Gondel-Bar in the Georgspalast. The first joint event took place on May 25, 1948. The house quickly established itself: famous singers, folk actors and film stars appeared in the GOP. The world-famous Kalanag, one of the greatest magicians of all time, enchanted the audience several times. There was hardly anyone of high standing in show business who was not on stage in the GOP in Hanover in the 1950s. Paul Hörbiger and Gert Fröbe were also under contract here, as were Josephine Baker, Olga Chekhowa and Heinz Erhardt. And when Zarah Leander was a guest at the GOP for a month in 1960, hundreds of onlookers crowded around the entrance.
But the GOP was not spared from the power of television: As for many other establishments, this development meant the temporary end for the GOP Varieté-Theater in Hanover. As one of the last houses in Germany, it closed its doors in mid-1962. After a break of 30 years, the Grote family reopened the GOP in December 1992.
- What are mushroom shapes
- The History Channel displays the history accurately
- Does Hipnose really work
- America needs another world economic crisis
- How important is ethics to a man
- How Trump's Winning Affects Indians in the United States
- Why are people so mean
- Why Trump is angry with Australia
- Is the German language like Chinese
- Are young people less interested in politics?
- What is the app for Kdramas
- How do you keep yourself satisfied
- When does someone qualify as a Marxist?
- Who are the real heroes of Karnataka
- How can I convince anti-AAP people
- What is something that is ethically wrong
- Successful life is an illusion
- When are confidential informants paid?
- Slightly scratches blue topaz
- How do I install an operating system
- How does a capacitor store energy
- How to write an election speech
- Which country is better China or Netherlands
- How is Chennai so safe for women
- How will the CPEC modernize Pakistan
- How are push notifications technically designed?
- What is citizenship by naturalization in India
- Can I start a new religion online?
- What is the diameter of a lens
- Why do some people hate Singapore
- How can positive affirmations improve someone's life?
- What does an ISTP think of ENFP
- How can I learn Python for Hacking
- Why are some Indian journalists referred to as presidents