Why did Apple create Safari
Safari cannot open a webpage or does not work as expected
If Safari isn't working as expected on your Mac, either of these solutions can help.
The steps in this article apply to common browsing problems such as the examples in the following list. Before you begin, make sure your Mac is connected to the internet.
- A web page does not open (blank page) or does not display all of its content.
- You can't sign in to a website with the correct credentials.
- A website is asking you to remove or reset cookies.
- Safari is slow to respond or not responding at all.
If a page doesn't open or load completely, try reloading it: Choose View> Reload Page, or press Command-R. If that doesn't work, press Command-Q to exit Safari. Then open Safari again and try again. If Safari doesn't quit, press Option-Command-Esc to force exit Safari.
Disable Safari Extensions
Even if your Safari extensions are up to date, temporarily turn them off to make sure they don't affect Safari in unexpected ways. Choose Safari> Preferences, then click Extensions. To turn off an extension, uncheck the box.
Test the page in a private window
A website can store cookies, caches, and other data on your Mac. Problems with this data can affect the use of the website. To prevent the website from using this data, display it in a private window. To do this, choose "File"> "New Private Window".
If this works, use the following steps to remove the website data from your Mac. The website can then generate new data as needed. If this is a website that you sign in to, make sure you know your credentials before proceeding.
- Go to Safari> Preferences, then click Privacy.
- Click on "Manage website data".
- Select the affected website from the list.
- Click on "Remove".
- Click on "Done".
- Reopen the website in a non-private browser window.
Check network settings
Certain network settings, e.g. Things like using a proxy server or a custom DNS server can interfere with access to content on the Internet. Even if you haven't changed the network settings, you may have installed software that changed these settings for you.
To find out if the problem is with the network settings on your Mac, visit the website on another device connected to the same network. You can also add a new network environment in the network settings to quickly reset the network settings for testing.
To determine if the network itself is causing the problem, connect to a different network, and then visit the website again.
- How competitive is Warby Parker for Luxottica
- Mortgage insurance is required for Canadian mortgages
- Are there atheists who are anti-communist
- Should I study psychology in Hong Kong?
- You Can Make Money Selling Vintage Jewelry
- What is la diamesie
- How hot is hot
- What is asset management in finance
- What kind of beauty products are good
- What were Napoleon's 3 fatal mistakes?
- There is the Yeti Sasquatch Bigfoot
- Why was the US Communist Party founded
- What are some British swear words
- Where was the English language born
- What do you think about dual citizenship
- Is Donald Trump greater than Jesus
- Loves Sasuke Sakura
- How can I get rid of scratches
- When did celebrities become idols for some?
- Sounds rude to her
- Crying measures your sadness
- What are some traditional Australian aboriginal surnames
- Which is the best CBSE or ICSE
- What does it mean for you to be Jewish?