What is the difference between Trump and Putin
US election Trump and Putin - it was complicated
New nuclear arms race
There could be a new nuclear arms race - at least that is what observers and diplomats in Europe fear since the Trump administration withdrew from the INF treaty to limit medium-range nuclear weapons in February of last year. The INF treaty prohibits land-based missiles with a range between 500 and 5500 kilometers that can carry nuclear warheads. The US and NATO accuse Russia of having violated this. Moscow denies this. The USA and the then Soviet Union signed the treaty in 1987.
Nuclear deal with Iran
Trump also terminated the nuclear deal with Iran, which was unilateral in May 2018. Trump had already called the agreement the "worst deal of all time" in the 2016 election campaign. The agreement is intended to prevent Iran from building a nuclear bomb. Tehran undertakes to restrict its uranium enrichment and allow international controls. In return, the US lifted its sanctions The Russian leadership called the US exit a “ruthless solo effort.” Russia had helped negotiate the treaty and wanted to uphold it.
"Nord Stream 2"
Trump also attacked the construction of the Nord Stream 2 pipeline in the Baltic Sea. The US is protecting Germany from Russia, said the US President - and Berlin is doing business with Moscow. "Nord Stream 2" is largely supported by the Russian state-owned company Gazprom. The income from the sale of natural gas is an important item in the state budget for Russia. Trump and the Republicans in Congress have long been against the project and are trying to stop it with sanctions. There are also economic interests behind this, namely bringing liquid gas, which is obtained in the USA through fracking, onto the European market instead of Russian gas.
The USA repeatedly imposed sanctions on Russia during Trump's term of office - because of Russian attempts at manipulation in the US election campaign in 2016, because of ongoing attempts by Russian troll factories to influence public opinion in the USA, because of the poison attack on ex-agent Sergei Skripal in Great Britain in 2018 or because of the conflict in Ukraine. For example, the USA does not recognize the illegal annexation of the Ukrainian Black Sea peninsula of Crimea by Russia in spring 2014 to this day.
The relationship with Syria also remained rich in conflict. There were repeated incidents between American and Russian soldiers there this year. The USA then increased its military presence again. At the end of 2019, Trump announced that around 1,000 US soldiers would be withdrawing from Syria. The US currently has around 500 soldiers stationed in Syria. Washington is part of a military coalition against the so-called "Islamic State". Trump also wants ruler Assad to leave. Moscow, on the other hand, supports Assad, especially militarily. For the Kremlin, Syria is also about a geopolitical struggle with the USA for influence in the Middle East.
- Why is IIT Guwahati the best
- What is internet broadcasting
- What's beyond Super Saiyan
- What are some forgotten genocides against Hindus
- Donald Trump is clearly screwed right now
- What is the main goal of Swachh Bharat
- Why does oil float on water
- Why should I celebrate Independence Day?
- Can egocentric people manage to be benevolent?
- There are special certification courses
- What does the Spanish word carnal mean
- Why is BJP against homosexuals
- Which precious metals are magnetic
- What is SSC
- Make women better managers
- Can I take antidepressants forever
- What are the characteristics of a stereotypical marathi
- Why did Rome fall for the Germans?
- What's your anti-motto
- What is the language that French comes closest to
- In which country is Donald Trump
- Why should I join BJP
- Feel depressed when you smile
- Who is the current CM of Rajasthan
- Was MGR a Malaysian
- Politics is mostly psychological
- How important is Pakistan for the EU
- What is Torque Lock and Flat Torque
- Less intelligent people are nicer
- Are Croatians Gothic or Slavic
- Can alcohol ruin an acrylic paint
- Ernest Hemingway was a homosexual
- When was the declaration of independence written?
- Have you ever been forcibly stripped naked?