Why do fires sound different every time
Human intestinal binders explained scientifically | Smell it
Women farts stricter
When the air escapes it usually becomes embarrassing. This refers to flatulence, colloquially called pups or farts. The mostly foul-smelling fragrance drama is a real taboo subject - but intestinal binders are just human.
The author and BBC presenter Stefan Gates took on this basic phenomenon in a humorous way in his book "The Science of Fart" (riva Verlag). The self-proclaimed farther Gates describes the path of the fart from the food to the foul-smelling gas. BILD presents exciting facts from the book.
What is a fart?
The whole is a completely natural and healthy part of your digestion. The intestinal wind is 25 percent simply swallowed air that has traveled through your body. The remaining 75 percent is formed in various digestive processes, for example through the breakdown of dietary fiber.
Why do farts stink?
More than 99 percent of the ingredients in a fart are odorless. These include nitrogen, carbon dioxide, hydrogen and methane. The smelly part is the remaining one percent tiny traces of gases. The smell is made up of substances that depend on your diet and your intestinal bacteria.
"Every little bean will make its own little sound"
A real starter for farts are complex carbohydrates, especially molecules called oligosaccharides. The farts with the most pungent odor come from the breakdown of amino acids found in foods like beans, cheese, and meat. The resulting farts are mostly quiet, but all the more odorous, says Gates in his book.
According to Stefan Gates, the strongest pups trigger is the Jerusalem artichoke tuber. Because of the high content of a carbohydrate called inulin. The small intestine does not have the right enzymes to break it down, so the plant stirs up the stomach in such a way that particularly foul-smelling intestinal winds are triggered. This inulin is also found in lower doses in wheat, bananas, onions and asparagus.
Women's farts stink worse
Did you know that women’s pupils smell much more strongly than men’s? Reason: They contain a 200 percent higher concentration and 90 percent greater mass of stinking hydrogen sulfide. In addition, there is a 20 percent higher methanethiol concentration. That means: women's farts burn better!
In contrast, men clearly outperform women in terms of “average height”. 118 milliliters of gas escape from men and only 89 milliliters from women.
More fart facts at a glance
► A healthy digestive system produces between 0.5 and 2.5 liters of gas every day
► To the average person, about ten to 15 intestinal binders escape a day.
► In men, the part of digestion that takes place in the colon takes an average of 33 hours. For women it is 47 hours.
► The fart first appeared in the Duden in 1908.
► 25 percent of a fart is simply swallowed air that has traveled through the body once. The 75 percent, by the way, is formed by various digestive processes.
► Birds and goldfish don't fart. But elephants, goats, cows, kangaroos, termites or herrings, like humans, release fragrant intestinal winds.
- How much can an Indian economist earn
- Is the city of Tirupur suitable for nothing
- Adolf Hitler was secretly of African descent
- Seizures can cause blindness in some people
- Most Americans are easily offended
- Most scientists are religious
- What are some filling and quick snacks
- How was every day today
- How much do start-up recruiters make
- Is Donald Trump a terrorist
- Why is there a war on terror
- Adaptability is a human nature
- What are the airline's premium economy seats
- Why is my father touching me inappropriately
- Make women better waitresses than men
- Which songs were popular during WWII
- What will Republicans do if Trump wins
- What is Whakapapa in Maori culture
- Geoengineering What is a bottom-up technology
- Is India democratic or undemocratic
- Quicksand occurs in the United States
- Electronics can cause eye strain
- What are light snacks
- How rich is Mangalore