Why are jeans so popular
Who invented the cult pants jeans?
James Dean, Marlon Brando, Elvis Presley - the American youth idols of the 1950s wore jeans. And that's exactly why the garment was so popular with German thugs. The skinny jeans stood for rebellion and adventure - and for America. After all, it was American soldiers who brought the blue trousers to Germany after the Second World War.
And what did the youngsters not do to be able to wear "the" American garment. They even accepted expulsion from school and bans in restaurants. "Rivets in studded pants", the adults railed against the young people who followed the fashion trend. But without success. Because even the girls forgot their upbringing for jeans. When the first women's jeans model came onto the German market in 1953, they grabbed it just as boldly as their male peers.
As far as the fit was concerned, the motto was clear: the tighter, the more beautiful! And that's why the young people didn't shy away from jumping into the hot bathtub with their jeans on.
Those who wore jeans consciously set themselves apart from the adult fashion world. The jeans stood for the feeling of unlimited freedom. After all - it was rumored among German teenagers - even the cowboys in the Wild West had resorted to the indestructible pants.
In fact, jeans first appeared in the western US states. However, it wasn't cowboys, but gold diggers in San Francisco who first came across them in the mid-19th century.
The inventor of jeans was a certain Levi Strauss (1829-1902). He had realized that the miners needed one thing above all else in their search for gold: sturdy trousers. And so he came up with the idea of having work trousers made from brown tarpaulin. Soon the workers tore his pants out of his hands.
But Levi Strauss didn't stop experimenting with new fabrics. In 1873 he came across the cotton fabric denim from France and a short time later gold miner's trousers were blue. On May 20, 1873, Strauss patented his new trouser model. And so this day can be seen as the birth of the popular blue jeans.
In the fashion world, jeans experienced an incredible triumph. Today almost every young person owns jeans. And parents and grandparents also like to use the easy-care garment in their free time.
There is no doubt that jeans are one of the most successful American export hits - despite everything, they were invented by a German. Because Levi Strauss did not immigrate to America until he was 18. The house where he was born is still in the Bavarian town of Buttenheim. And so in the 1950s parents and teachers were bothered by American trousers - which had been invented by a German from Upper Franconia.
- What is Juche ideology
- What is an outcast in society
- Why was Gaius Julius Caesar a populist
- Why planes have so many doors
- How is the environment related to human rights?
- How do fractions work at Betterment
- Hates Narendra Modi Arvind Kejriwal
- What do you like about art
- Why should people help animals
- What is an array in C programming
- What do you think of Argentinians
- Why is journalism not a profession
- What are ten haunted places in Lucknow
- Is wearing contact lenses comfortable?
- What is your definition of world peace
- How often does a lunar eclipse occur
- How stressful are stress interviews
- What are additional qualifications besides education
- Resistance is futile
- Is Fox News presenter Tucker Carlson Racist
- Is Asaduddin Owaisi honest
- How can I make friends in Thailand
- How can governments stop terrorism?
- Conservatives disrupt the free market