Who is Cliff Young
Confident and successful - Cliff Young wins the ultra marathon in Australia
Cliff Young is confident and successful because he can accurately assess his strength. Every year Australia hosts an 875km long distance race from Sydney to Melbourne. This race is one of the toughest ultra marathons in the world. The race lasts five days. As a rule, only world-class athletes younger than 30 years of age take part in the race.
In 1983 a man named Cliff Young started. Shortly before the race, a photo should be taken of the participants. The reporters told him to step aside so they could take a picture of the attendees.
He replied to you: “Why? I'm running with you this year! " He was asked how he got the idea and he replied: "Now every year the participants walk past my farm and I thought it would be great to take part." Cliff was 61 years old at the time and was wearing overalls and boots.
The reporters told him that he was crazy and would never finish the race. To which he replied that he grew up on a farm with 2,000 hectares and 2,000 sheep. And they have no horses or tractors to round up the sheep in storms and weather. Sometimes he ran after the sheep for 2 or 3 days. And he thinks he would finish the race
When the race started, the pros quickly left Cliff behind. The spectators on the track and on TV made fun of his running style. And many of you worried about the farmer.
Cliff Young and the pros - the rabbit and the hedgehog
The professional athletes knew it took about 5 days to finish the race. To be competitive, you had to run for about 18 hours a day, get an hour massage, and sleep 5 hours. Knew everything except Cliff Young.
When the field started, Cliff Young was immediately behind with his heavy boots many hundred meters and the reporter said: "Here you see the dream of an old man who probably saw his fellow travelers for the last time". And it was actually the last time Cliff Young saw his followers.
By the time the day came to an end, he was already miles behind the pros. When these started again the next day, they found that Cliff Young had not slept that night, he had just walked through.
The right strategy is decisive for victory
During the second day, Cliff Young's lead decreased again. But when the other pros started again on the 2nd morning, they were told that Cliff Young had gone through but one hour of nap again.
The reporter was right: Cliff Young actually never saw his followers again. He won the Sydney to Melbourne ultra-long distance marathon in 1983 against the pros half his age.
Cliff Young received the $ 10,000 prize money. He said that he didn't know there was something to be won. He simply distributed the profit to other runners.
In the following year, Cliff Young's record was beaten by the pros by many hours after showing them what was important!
- Are visa and passport photos the same
- Is there a biography about Chopin
- Can I take crocin on an empty stomach?
- Why is Manikarnika Ghat of Varanasi famous
- Which country has the most animals
- What are the lies of our life
- What is resistance welding
- How can Indians end Pakistan economically
- Hotel bookings are guaranteed
- How do you talk dirty in French
- Why do you follow religion
- What is the future of service workers
- Why are you angry with Narendra Modi
- Male birds can lay eggs
- What challenges remain for the online voting
- How do you clean a motorcycle chain
- What is Sidney Sheldon's best novel Why?
- What eye color says about your health
- Give banks loans for auto titles
- What is the largest college alumni association
- How is JIMS Greater Noida
- What was your biggest ethical dilemma?
- Are women more afraid of aging than men?
- What is the opposite of scary