What are the best test courses
When the stick with the swab disappears deep into Kristina Apitz's nasal cavity, a brief smile flits across her face. "At that moment I knew that it would be done in a minute," she says a moment later. The delicate white rod for the mucous membrane swab on the back of the pharynx has to be immersed up to eight centimeters deep - it is a short, uncomfortable tingling sensation, combined with watery eyes. Then the corona rapid test is over.
Kristina Apitz usually runs the “Kleine Füchse” day care center in Leipzig-Connewitz. On Wednesday morning, however, she and her colleague Anna Gionkar came to the training center of the German Red Cross in Leipzig-Plagwitz to complete a course as a rapid tester. Now you can test your 45 colleagues in the day care center with almost 300 children whenever necessary. "Introducing the chopsticks takes the greatest effort - you want to do it right and not harm anyone," says the 31-year-old childhood educator.
An explanatory video is not enough
The DRK Saxony has been offering the one-hour courses in Leipzig for medical laypeople since Wednesday, and on Friday it will also start at the Dresden location on Bremer Straße. You need to register via www.drk-bildungswerk-sachsen.de, the course fee is 48 euros. The course is particularly aimed at professional groups in daycare centers and youth welfare, nursing staff, pharmacies, hotels or restaurants who work a lot with people. "We offer the course to all interested citizens who want to carry out rapid tests," says spokeswoman Anja Godehardt.
The need in institutions with no health-related relevance gave the impetus to combine an online offer and a practical part. "An explanatory video alone is not enough to practice the sensitive smear," emphasizes Godehardt. On the first day alone, 60 people take part in Leipzig, the training capacity is even enough for up to 250 people per day. Rapid antigen tests are now widely available, emphasizes Godehardt.
In the crash course, the correct holding, gentle insertion and careful turning of the chopsticks can be practiced under the guidance of a doctor, first on a doll and then on a sparring partner. Before that, the six participants practice putting on the white overalls including hood, protective goggles, FFP2 mask and gloves in order not to endanger themselves.
The protective equipment alone costs 22 euros. After the swab, participants learn to properly immerse the swab in a solution and finally to read the test correctly. In the end it is important to carefully take off the protective clothing without touching it. It could be contaminated with the corona virus.
“Especially at this time of the year, many children run around with a cold nose,” says Apitz, the head of the day care center. "The situation leads to great uncertainty in the team as to whether you could be infected with Corona and whether you can work safely." The Leipzig Children's Association as the provider alone has 13 daycare centers and 350 employees in Leipzig and Central Saxony. "We prepare ourselves for all eventualities and possible requirements," says Kita department head Katja Collector, who also takes part in the quick test course.
With this, the carrier also wants to counter possible personnel bottlenecks. Colleagues have already dropped out several times due to quarantine requirements. A negative test, according to social pedagogue Collector, has the chance to bring an employee back to the facility more quickly for care.
- How can I be more politically correct?
- What is a node in node js
- Why Aurangzeb destroyed temples
- What does Trump think of LGBT people
- Are National Socialists bad
- May Trump be at a loss in 2020
- Can cancer in the brain be cured
- What enables people to get along with each other
- Why do Arab women love Indian men
- Can I become an NRI right away?
- What is the importance of political culture
- What happened to XXXTentacion's killer
- How do I get Demandware Certification
- How do I join ISI
- In India which NGOs are working on education
- Is IIT worthy of it
- Why should the government shut down?
- What causes an economic bubble
- What are the laws against bullying?
- What is the adjective form of merit
- What's wrong with BJP 1
- What are the BJP taking against Andhra Pradesh
- Why is sociology important to business
- Is music an art form
- Does the inpatient psychiatric care work?
- Which fictional character is the best to relate to
- What are the main arguments against Zionism
- What does the Malayalam word Achachan mean
- What is bromine water test
- Why do people hate Modi Ji 1
- How tall is Kevin Durant
- How do I find specific military personnel
- Is demonic possession real