Can you be an agnostic antitheist
Lexicon for the Kirchentag Agnostics - and other views on God and faith
A Christian is a follower of Christianity. He is committed to Jesus of Nazareth and his teachings, which are handed down in the New Testament of the Bible. Part of the Christian faith is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that Jesus took on the guilt and sins of mankind on the cross and that the believers are forgiven by his death. Christians also believe in the resurrection of the dead.
Atheist and agnostic
An atheist believes that there is no god or gods. An agnostic assumes that the existence of a supernatural being, of a god or of gods can be assumed, but in principle cannot be rationally clarified or recognized. When asked whether there is God, an agnostic responds with "I don't know", "That is not clear" or "That cannot be answered". An atheist would answer this question in the negative and therefore could not be a believer. For the agnostic, on the other hand, ignorance does not exclude belief in a god or gods.
In addition to Christian, atheist and agnostic, there is also the term pagan. This is how people were and are often referred to who either do not belong to any religion or to another religion. It is not uncommon for the term to also serve to devalue members of other religions as unbelievers. So a pagan is by no means an unbeliever. Even those who believe in several gods or are followers of a natural religion are pagans and sometimes even call themselves that. However, representatives of these religions are now referred to as polytheists, new paganists or animists, for example.
Heretics and blasphemy
Anyone who takes a different view of doctrine or prevailing opinion within a religious community is considered a heretic. Anyone who publicly denies, mocks or curses the beliefs of a religion is doing blasphemy. While in Western countries many statements about belief, religion and God fall under the freedom of religion, opinion and speech, blasphemy is a criminal offense in other countries. In Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or Iran it carries the death penalty.
- How can I naturally clog my ear?
- Is not dating a Muslim Islamophobic
- Why didn't the Russians cede Chechnya?
- What is your plan for this independence day
- What diseases cause eye problems
- How did Adolf Hitler carry out his election
- Which country has the most Catholics
- How many national parks are there in Odisha
- How does the human eye perceive shadows?
- How long has it been since Tasmanian tigers lived?
- Are portabella and portobello mushrooms the same
- Can I start a new religion online?
- How can we cure asthma
- Ripple is a private blockchain
- Kulbhushan Jadhav is dead
- What was the first monotheistic religion
- Which fact do you find most incredible
- Great Britain becomes a third world country
- Are all IITians successful
- Can democracy exist without competing parties
- What does hey mean?
- Trade Nifty Futures every day
- What caste does Kundu belong to?
- Why did Jews hate
- What would happen if Christians stopped tithing?
- How long can a snake live
- How many rappers never got famous
- Which eye drops do the glasses remove?
- Big Boss 13 is banned
- Is it important to speak Hindi in our life?
- Everything has to be easy
- Can the Boeing 737 MAX be repaired?
- What is Rani Laxmibai's slogan