What is Norway's flag
Flag of norway
On the Norwegian flag, as on the flags of other Scandinavian countries, we find the so-called Scandinavian cross. In the case of Norway, this cross is blue with a white border on a red background. The cross is not isosceles, it extends to the edges of the flag and the shorter arm is closer to the left side of the flag. The flag is very similar to the Danish Danneborg, which is reminiscent of four centuries under Danish rule. The blue cross, on the other hand, indicates a longstanding relationship with Sweden. The flag was designed by Frederick Meltzer in 1821 but was not introduced until 1898. The colors of the flag, which match the French tricolor, can be interpreted as an expression of the desire for independence, which Norway only achieved at the beginning of the 20th century.
|Country codes||NO, NOR (ISO 3166-1)|
|Official name||Kingdom of Norway|
|member of||United Nations, NATO, Nordic Council|
|population||5 356 789 (2019)|
|total area||323 802 km2|
|The highest point||Galdhøpiggen (2,469 m, 8,100 ft)|
|Deepest point||Norwegian Sea|
|GDP per capita||$ 81 697 (World Bank, 2018)|
|currency||Norwegian krone (kr, NOK)|
Flags of the neighboring countries
Location of the country
- How big is libertarianism in Great Britain
- Is Lonsdaleite harder than diamond
- What happens after Kalyug
- When will Indians make good TV shows?
- What is international journalism
- What do you think of your mother
- How severe are GCSEs compared to AP
- Who are you in the philosophical sense
- Why do Medicaid and Medicare pay differently
- Are the Japanese people Japanese or not
- Are all plastic water bottles recyclable
- Is it possible to cure astigmatism
- Was the British rule benevolent in South India
- What happens when a planet is reversing
- What do Indonesians think of Mongolia?
- Why is there national politics
- Pays the US Air Force well
- How is Shane Warne doing as a person
- What were monasteries
- Which scientist is the smartest in history?
- Who owns Jetblue Airlines
- Are American action films popular in China?
- How did your friendship end
- How useful is learning the assembly language