Who is EOR
Goals of this series of seminars
Ver.di aims to enable more people to participate in the further development of a democratic society. Political education plays an important part in this. Making this tangible and reflecting on it is an essential goal of the introductory and orientation series. Specifically, this means the self-responsible acquisition of the following skills:
- The participants know what importance subject orientation has for democratic teaching-learning processes and what images of people, responsibilities and demands are associated with it
- You will sharpen the self-perception of yourself as a team leader in ver.di and are ready to train and develop in this role
- They can prepare, conduct and follow up (trade union) seminars in a subject-oriented manner and have the necessary didactic, methodological and social basic qualifications
Character of this series of seminars
In order to (further) develop these competencies, the participants go through four seminars (A, B1, B2, C)that build on each other and are accompanied by a permanent management team. In all seminars, the work is participation and experience-oriented, i. H. that the interactive development of theoretical backgrounds, diverse exercises, regular reflection and (individual) feedback alternate.
Is part of the introductory and orientation series a development talk with the respective sending education officer, in which the strengths and development potentials for the individual as well as for the further development of the educational work as well as the concrete cooperation (observation, seminar assignment) are discussed.
The series takes place in the three training centers in Berlin, Gladenbach and Lage-Hörste. In this way, the participants get to know various ver.di training centers at the same time.
The EOR is designed as a fixed group, The participants stay together from seminar A to seminar C. The registration is valid for all four seminars, d. H. Anyone who took part in seminar A is automatically invited to seminars B1, B2 and C. The longer group process is the basis for a trusting development of the individual and also becomes a topic in the series.
ContentSeminar A (5 days)
Teaching-learning processes in seminars: Basics of seminar design
The participants become aware of their own experiences and skills, and actively experience and reflect on educational practice. You will get to know "tools" for seminar design - in hardware (moderation material, visualization ...) and software (ver.di ...)
- Why, when and how do adults learn?
- What does subject orientation mean?
- What do the goals of ver.di and political education have to do with it?
- How do I set up a seminar sensibly?
- What role and what tasks do I have as a team leader in the seminar?
- What is special about union seminars?
- What criteria do I use to choose methods?
Seminar B1 (4 days)
Communication processes in seminars
Based on various theories (Watzlawick, Schulz von Thun) the basics of human communication are discussed and experienced. The power of language and other means of communication in (seminar) everyday life can be experienced directly and is related to action in the teaching-learning process.
- Which verbal and non-verbal, body language communication tools are available to us
- and how do they work?
- What role does the factual and relational level play in communication?
- What role does gender play?
- How do I deal with discriminatory communication behavior?
- How do I practice constructive criticism? How do I deal with criticism myself?
- What should I look out for in conflict resolution discussions?
Seminar B2 (4 days)
Group processes in seminars
The participants get to know different models (group phases according to Tuckman, topic-centered interaction according to Cohn and other helpful backgrounds) and relate them to the concrete seminar events.
- How do “typical” group processes develop?
- How do I recognize the real group process? Who or what influences him?
- When may, can or must I intervene and how do I do it?
- How do I deal with difficult situations or participants?
- What does “difficult” actually mean?
- How do I see myself as a leader (and) in relation to the group?
- What roles are there in groups?
Seminar C (5 days)
Design processes in seminars - dealing with complexity
What has been learned so far is deepened and applied in practice. The participants make sure of their own learning process. The focus is on seminar simulations: the preparation and implementation of a seminar sequence in a team with subsequent qualified feedback.
- How does what I have learned so far fit together to form an overall picture?
- How do I use a ZIMM paper and still be flexible and subject-oriented with learning processes
- How do I experience which methods? Which of them are "mine"?
- How do I organize the collaboration with my fellow participants?
- How do I ensure the transfer of the learning outcomes into practice?
- How do I complete a seminar?
- Which strengths and development potential lie dormant in me?
The seminar series is aimed at honorary and full-time colleagues who want to start educational work in consultation with the secretaries responsible for educational work. You are also welcome
Colleagues who are already teaching seminars in their educational work (and who want to refresh their practical know-how) take part in order to orientate themselves further.
A group of long-time team members in training and further education at ver.di, currently:
- Herbert Benz, freelance trainer, Bremen
- Ralf Bohlen, union secretary, Walsrode Education Center
- Cornelia Dobertin, lernArt, Hamburg
- Timo Elpelt, Union Secretary, Financial Services Department, Frankfurt
- Kirsten Lange, Work, Education and Research e.V., Berlin
- Carolin Sponheuer, Dialog Training, Münster
- Michael Becker, socio-economic education and advice, Speicher (Eifel)
If you are interested in the EOR, simply contact your education officer, your ver.di training center or the ver.di department for trade union education and Education centers (Timur Kolinko, see below). There you will find further information about the seminar series and the further registration process. After consultation with your education supervisor then you report to the Trade union education area for your complete series of seminars. (You do not need the registration form at the end of the booklet for the introductory and orientation series! You will receive a special form.)
As far as possible, the leave of absence takes place in accordance with the educational leave laws of the federal states (you can also obtain information on this from the trade union education department).
Danger: component in addition to attending the four modules also sitting in on a seminar. This (or an alternative for the experienced) will be available upon registration bindingly agreed with those responsible for education.
- Seminar A: November 20, 2016 to November 25, 2016, Gladenbach, GL 04 161120 04
- Seminar B1: February 16, 2017, February 19, 2017, Bielefeld
- Seminar B2: June 22nd, 2017 to June 25th, 2017, Bielefeld
- Seminar C: October 15, 2017 to October 20, 2017, Berlin
- Team Carolin Sponheuer, Timo Elpelt
Contact and registration
Union Education and Training Centers / Timur Kolinko
Paula-Thiede-Ufer 10, 10179 Berlin, (0 30) 69 56 -28 23, [email protected]
- What are some big empires
- What is the best software for documentation
- How can a UK citizen withdraw their pension early
- How airplane flies
- Be able to share your Durga Puja pictures
- Which country will support Pakistan in the war?
- Can an American pharmacist practice in Canada
- Are the SNP racist
- How does ISIS recruit people
- Is face cream effective
- How profitable is a BangaloreOne franchise
- Can become a non-IAS DM
- Is mindfulness training helpful for pwBPD
- Why are modern Japanese films so strange
- What is fake currency
- How do the police deal with masochists
- Can Vietnam improve its tourist image
- What would Tamil Nadu be without Theni
- Why did China stay isolated?
- How are COPD and lung cancer related
- Kulbhushan Jadhav is dead
- Why did my Comcast IP address change?
- What city is sinking into the ocean
- Who wrote the song called Amazing Grace
- How safe are airplanes
- Americans watch and play cricket
- Can someone tell who SANDEEP MAHESHWARI is
- What is the equity risk premium
- How do NBA teams make money
- What are some male examples
- How do I file a complaint online
- Is Norwegian Air the best European airline
- Can see birds through glass
- Which are royal songs in Kannada