How can you cure astigmatism naturally?
What types of astigmatism are there?
Basically, astigmatism / vision is not a disease, but a natural irregularity of the eyes. The cause of astigmatism can be an irregularity of the surface of the eye (corneal curvature), but it can also be caused by an unevenly shaped lens.
Often a slight curvature of the cornea is not noticeable because the brain can usually still compensate for the picture. In addition, some people with astigmatism may see more clearly in some areas than in others. This is due to the fact that the incidence of light is not disturbed in this area.
Often if an astigmatism occurs in combination with myopia (Myopia) or Farsightedness (Hyperopia). An eye test can determine which ametropia you have. In addition, a distinction can be made again between regular and irregular astigmatism.
The Cornea (Cornea) of the eye is not exactly spherical arched. Incident light rays are refracted differently vertically and horizontally. Instead of a focal point - in which the sharp image is created on the retina - focal lines are created. The result: the image is shown distorted on the retina (macula).
- Hence the Greek word Astigmatism: "Pointlessness". Often we also from Astuteness spoken, as round objects are often perceived as distorted and oval.
2. Lens astigmatism
Astigmatism is not just a curvature of the cornea: the lens of the eye can also be the cause of the ametropia. It can be unevenly curved (not purely spherical), or the density of the lens layers shows differences (refractive). In addition, astigmatism can also occur when the inner muscles of the eye do not work smoothly (accommodative). In all three cases, one speaks of lens astigmatism or "lenticular astigmatism" - however, this occurs clearly less common than astigmatism on.
Regardless of whether the astigmatism is caused by an irregularly curved cornea or an eye lens, a distinction is also made between regular and irregular astigmatism:
1. Regular astigmatism
Regular astigmatism is caused by the curvature of the cornea: it arise two focal lines perpendicular to each other. Depending on where the two focal lines are (in front of, on and / or behind the retina), one speaks of myopic, farsighted or mixed astigmatism (myopic, hypermetropic astigmatism or mixed astigmatism): The refractive power of the eye is thus weaker or stronger. Since there is still certain rules can be recognized as the cause of the astigmatism, this shape can usually be compensated for with glasses or contact lenses. It becomes more difficult with irregular astigmatism:
2. Irregular astigmatism
If several corneal sites have a different refractive power one speaks of irregular astigmatism. This refracts the light in a variety of ways. In extreme cases, focal lines are no longer recognizable, which is why irregular astigmatism particularly difficult to deal with is.
Irregular astigmatism can be caused by a malformation of the cornea such as corneal scars or keratoconus.
What is the cause of astigmatism?
Often astigmatism / astigmatism is congenital and genetic. In fact, a slightly crooked cornea is even considered normal and is widespread with up to 0.5 diopters.
If astigmatism occurs later in life, it is usually the result of injuries, inflammation or scarring as a result of eye surgery. In addition, the eye disease "keratoconus" can (albeit rarely) be the cause of irregular astigmatism.
- What is New World Order 4
- When did modern globalization begin?
- Which shop is there to buy tiles?
- Can Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev float like yogis
- How can I make a guy laugh
- What exactly is Malayalam culture
- What is floating point in C 20
- Why should we boil drinking water
- Why does Google use an HTTPS connection
- What is your opinion on Aurangzeb
- What was the first chinese dynasty
- What are the risks of practicing ballbusting
- Is there enough growth in TCS ITIS
- What are the characteristics of antisocial behavior
- What actually is true Islam
- Revives Hinduism
- How does Benadryl affect glaucoma
- What are some fascinating flag facts
- What defines a successful Christian church
- What is Amsterdam generally known for?
- How a friendship fades
- Can someone help me with the ASVAB
- Who is after Rahul Gandhi
- What are some bad personality traits
- Did it annoy you to see Robert Mueller testify?
- Why do we see white light
- How important is Pakistan for the EU
- Is the Trinity really a Christian teaching?
- Do you masturbate like
- Do you know someone who is famous?
- Scarlet Witch is the most powerful avenger
- Most Muslim Albanians do Hajj
- What did Apple achieve after Tim Cook
- What can we do after engineering