What word means verb that ends with ing
The ing form of the verb - The gerund
When do you actually use the ing shape?
It's not that difficult at all: The ing shape of the verb (the gerund) often follows certain verbs such as, for example Like, love, enjoy and hate.
Tomenjoys listeningto music.
Tom enjoys listening to music.
Laura likes to play soccer.
The gerund after certain expressions
You also use the gerund (ing-form) after certain expressions such as can't stand or good at.
Harrycan't stand swimming.
Harry can't stand swimming.
She isgood at playingthe piano.
She can play the piano well.
And how do I make the shape?
This is how you form the gerund:
Basic form of the verb+-ing:
- He is good atplayingtennis.
- She likesswimming.
- They all likedoingsports.
The verb ends in -e, then that falls -e in the ing form way:
write = writing
dance = dancing
The verb ends on a short stressed Vowel + consonant, the consonant is doubled:
sit = sitting
run = running
kapiert.decan do more:
- interactive exercises
- individual classwork trainer
- Learning manager
- How is India's social life
- Which industries have the most consumer complaints
- What happens at an AA meeting
- Why don't people go barefoot
- Could Oral Roberts really cure sick people
- Why are snacks so expensive
- What is marcasite
- Where is Choir Bazaar in Hyderabad
- Which is running first or breakfast
- How is TCS BPO for a fresher one
- Is a comic a real book
- What products tighten the skin of the face
- Where do I report a money fraudster
- What is Frank Zappa famous for?
- What MBTI is Meghan Markle
- How does lemon juice cook meat
- How do you describe KPOP
- Clove cigarettes contain nicotine
- What do Russians think of Alexei Navalny
- Why do Croatians hate Serbs so much
- How was the technology in the 1980s
- What is the best vintage sofa brand
- Mahatma Gandhi was happy
- Who is Jay Shetty