How do I save a dying conversation
In conversation with the dying mother of a co-sister, Sister Katharina thinks about dying in Corona times. What can a farewell to a loved one look like? She finds her answer in a hymn to Laudes.
Yesterday I spent a few hours with the dying mother of a fellow sister. In the quiet conversation, among other things, the funeral regulations were discussed. And the conversation expressed the need of what happens if the family can no longer say goodbye because of the pandemic. The granddaughters, who love their grandmother more than anything, cannot imagine not seeing their grandmother anymore, because a visit is no longer possible and even then not all family members are allowed to go to the cemetery because the incidence figures in the corresponding District are too high. Even the priest questioned there had to admit that the death rate in his parish association is so high that a mourning conversation is no longer possible because he and his staff can no longer make it. What now?
An undertaker said that he is now filming funerals and making the video available to the family. The idea of another pastor also struck me as remarkable. To send a letter or e-mail to all relatives with the dates and information about the deceased, with photos and memories, with a Bible text and a prayer and with the request to take time at the appropriate burial period to light a candle and to pray to connect with the deceased and the family. Wars, disasters and pandemics have changed our lives and the way we deal with death again and again. And this pandemic will also establish other rituals and forms. But what will remain is the hope in God, whose Son overcame suffering and death for us and opened up heavenly perspectives for us. In a hymn for Laudes, there is a stanza about this: And that last morning, which we implore, full of confidence, he will find us awake in praise and overflow with light. I hope so. I believe that. And I firmly trust that.
- How did you deal with wrong friends
- How will the CPEC modernize Pakistan
- Which basketball shoes should I get
- How many Israelis have dual citizenship
- How does cold temperature affect the body?
- How can I join my local church?
- How necessary it is for Christians to attend church
- How is Pakistan a failure
- Was Benedict Arnold really a traitor?
- How developed is Iran
- Should there be a Lobo movie
- Oxidizes or reduces carbon dioxide
- What's wrong with Filipino society
- What happens when a planet is reversing
- How do you see Indian politics
- Do good looking men easily put
- How should I pronounce Chinese city names
- What are people doing with Bitcoin Gold
- Is RT conservative or liberal
- Has IIT Kanpur lost its charm
- The world is going wrong
- How can anyone make up for God?
- How should languages be taught in school
- Why should television be censored