Who is responsible for running the congressional elections?
The highest electoral authority in Austria is the federal electoral authority. It is newly formed on the occasion of each National Council election and is entrusted with the management and implementation of the National Council election and, during the subsequent legislative period, with the management and implementation of federal presidential elections, European elections as well as referendums, referendums and referendums.
All other electoral authorities are also newly formed on the occasion of each National Council election. In addition to the Federal electoral authority (→ BMI) is there nine state electoral authorities and for 116 constituencies109 district electoral authorities (in statutory cities, political districts or administrative districts; in Vienna the local jurisdiction of a district electoral authority is based on the jurisdiction of the municipal district office, which means that some district electoral authorities in Vienna are responsible for two electoral districts). The lowest unit is the Municipal electoral authorityor in larger municipalities, which are divided into electoral districts, the District election authority. "Special electoral authorities" ("flying election commissions") are also set up.
over10,000 polling stations are open during a nationwide election day; the opening times are regulated differently from municipality to municipality. Contact details for the municipalities can also be found at oesterreich.gv.at.
The electoral authorities are each formed by a chairperson (election supervisor) and representatives (election assessors) of the parties campaigning for a National Council election. The parties are represented in the electoral authorities according to the last election result achieved in a National Council election at the respective level (in the case of district election authorities, according to the election result achieved in the municipality). In the federal electoral authority, all campaigning parties represented in the National Council are represented by at least one member. The federal electoral authority also includes two judges from service or retirement.
A party which, due to its share of the votes, is not represented by members in its area in electoral authorities, can nominate persons of trust in any electoral authority - if it is represented in the last elected National Council by at least three members; With regard to the state electoral authority and the federal electoral authority, this right also applies to parties not represented in the National Council. All campaigning parties may send witnesses to any local electoral authority and any special electoral authority.
The authority responsible for keeping eligible voters in the electoral register and for drawing up the electoral roll is the municipality in all elections.
Responsible for the content: Federal Ministry of the Interior
- I have a hemorrhoid
- Is investigative journalism really an interesting job?
- Why is my mother so strict
- Should BJP come again in 2024
- Suck superhero movies
- Is AIESEC volunteering really that useful
- Is the termite damage covered by homeowner insurance?
- What would Satan think of transhumanism?
- How do our eyes recognize light
- How do we treat infected eyes
- Where do artists live in San Francisco
- Is the preamble part of a constitution
- How are bad debts handled in accounting
- Will Russia ever be more westernized?
- What do spiritual churches do
- What things are made of tungsten
- Should Israel destroy North Korean nuclear weapons
- What makes Japanese love foreigners
- How do employment agencies work
- What are the values of America
- When will Israel be attacked?
- Why are Tasmanian devils called that
- What is Hitler's whole theory about race
- Can you define power and its units?
- How was Muhammad related to Abu Bakr?
- What does the payment of 4600 mean
- What city is built with gold
- Should I play the lottery for free?
- Can a libertarian support a democracy
- Can I eat Italian food with chopsticks?
- What is styrene butadiene monomer
- What are some motivating classical music pieces
- Are your friends mostly introverted or extroverted?
- What are the benefits of AA