Which is the youngest Dravidian language
Tulu may become an official language in India
The local government of Karnataka, a state in southwest India on the border between Goa and Kerala, is committed to ensuring that the local Tulu language is recognized as an official language. Tulu is spoken by around 10 million native speakers, mainly in Karnataka and in a small part of northern Kerala known as Tulu Nadu. The Tulu language belongs to the Dravidian language family, which also includes other regional languages such as Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada.
Minister of Culture Umashree said that the government had already pushed the inclusion of Tulu into the eighth program of the constitution.
"Over the past month the Union Government has been collecting information that we are currently viewing and that will be broadcast soon," she told Mohiuddin Bava of the Indian National Congress.
The minister said the government is currently collecting information on Tulu speakers based on data from the 2001 census, and she was confident that parliament would respond positively to the people's request.
Bava said that Tulu has a history of over 2,000 years and those who speak the language are upset that it has not yet been recognized as an official language and are demanding that they be given that recognition.
Many linguists suspect that Tulu is one of the oldest languages of the Dravidian family, which developed almost 2000 years ago independently of its Proto-Dravidian roots.
Recently, however, Tulu has borrowed many words from the Kannada language, the official language of Karnataka. However, the two languages are not closely related.
Tulu is one of the most widely spoken languages and is not on said eighth program of the constitution, a list of the official languages in India. In general, when the speakers of a language are in a geographically contiguous area, they come together to form their own state and try to get the status of an official language. Since 2010, Tulu has been taught as a subject at a primary school in Coastal Karnataka.
- How do you talk dirty in French
- Why did North Vietnam invade Cambodia
- What are the best SMS Online API
- Modes gain in popularity or lose popularity
- How would you fix the Democratic Party?
- The English language becomes Americanized
- What is life from your point of view
- Should we use deodorant
- Why is ISIS recruiting so effective
- What was the wrong thing you ever were
- How many states are there in Russia
- How important are looks in dating
- How can I get rich in Turkey?
- Why do friendships fade
- Why is US GDP so low
- How many Quora users are Norwegians
- What is the best biography of Krishnamurti
- How much can you earn with SolutionInn
- What is the greatest fact in the world
- What is the most expensive vitamin preparation
- Does India have the right to revoke Kashmiri status
- Why is child pornography so popular these days
- There are no Islamists on Quora
- What is the allure of skateboarding