PRK surgery is painful
In order to determine the subjective expectations, optical conditions and possible contraindications, a preliminary medical examination is necessary. This takes about 1.5-2 hours and includes the following steps:
- Determination of the exact subjective ametropia
- Determination of the corneal thickness with an ultrasonic pachymeter or an anterior chamber OCT
- Corneal topography to determine corneal curvature and irregularities
- Measurement of the pupil size
- Intraocular pressure measurement
- Examination of the tear film
- Determination of the amount of tear production
- General ophthalmological examination of the anterior, middle and posterior sections of the eye using a slit lamp examination
Soft contact lenses should not be worn 2 weeks before the PRK surgery and hard contact lenses should not be worn 4 weeks beforehand. It is also advisable to use public transport or a taxi to go to the operation, as driving vehicles immediately after the operation is prohibited. Eating and drinking is allowed on the day of the operation. Smoking, make-up or perfume should, however, be avoided.
In order to get the best results and to avoid complications, patients should take the administered pain reliever and anti-inflammatory eye drops according to the doctor's instructions. It is also important to attend all check-ups. These take place after 1-2 days, a week and within the six months following the procedure.
You should avoid the following activities after the PRK surgery:
- Eye rubbing
- sporting activities (at least 2 weeks)
- Exercising the profession (at least 1 week)
- Sauna, solarium and swimming pool visits (at least 2 weeks)
- Where does Christianity come from?
- Are Marathi and Hindi the same languages
- What if there was never a shadow
- How was Liberia founded
- Which bottled water tastes worst?
- What is good satire?
- Who is Prakash Karat
- What are the techniques in social science
- Is honey a monosaccharide or a polysaccharide
- How can I investigate someone online
- Why is SAARC important for Nepal
- Who offers the best wall cladding
- Who was beautiful Sita or Draupadi
- How do you keep yourself satisfied
- Becoming Successful Why is small talk important
- How sproede is silver
- Can we carry our own water bottle
- Why is opportunity more valuable than money
- How do Indian fans meet BTS
- Which Harry Potter house is the rarest
- Are atheists true believers?
- Special pedagogues are in demand
- Can I crack NID in 7 days
- Online Distribution India services are helpful