Russian women like men from Spain
Welcome to the website of the Federal Foreign Office
In Russia, marriages can only be held in front of a Russian registrar. It is not possible to get married at the German diplomatic mission abroad.
Since the new Russian Civil Registry Act of November 15, 1997 came into force, fiancés can register and get married anywhere in the Russian Federation. In Moscow, marriages are only carried out at the registry office 4 if one of the spouses is a non-Russian citizen (Ulitsa Butyrskaja 17, 125015 Moscow).
The marital age is basically 18 years. The list must be ordered about one month before the marriage, usually in writing to the registrar. Only the Russian registry office can give you binding information about which documents have to be presented in which form. Experience has shown that the registry office requires the following original documents from Germans:
- Certificate of marital status
The "single certificate" common in Russia is unknown in Germany. The German certificate of marital status comes close to this certificate, but goes far beyond the Russian requirements. Russian registry offices have passed over to only recognizing this document as proof of marital status.
- Registration certificate from your registration office
- valid passport with valid visa for Russia and registration notice
- Divorce decree, if applicable
All German documents, including the registration certificate, must have an apostille and a notarized translation.
In return, the Russian marriage certificate must be provided with an apostille for subsequent use in Germany. You can find out which Russian authority is responsible for this from the registry office that issued the certificate. In Russia, unlike in Germany, civil status certificates are generally only issued once. However, marriage certificates can be handed out in two copies - one for each spouse.
If you intend to live permanently in Germany with your Russian spouse, please note the information on the visa procedure on the website of the relevant diplomatic mission!
Our consulate finder card shows you the way.
- Why certain autoimmune diseases cannot be cured
- Difference between mutual funds and ulip
- Which city connects two continents
- What does discipline mean in life?
- What is the opposite of strange
- What are the must-have jeans
- Is Christianity actually a cult?
- What makes a rapper a great artist
- Creative people are useless
- Where do Indians wander around in Lagos?
- What is the antagonist in a book
- Who named Gandhi as Baapu
- What are some British WW2 songs
- What kind of people are judgmental
- Is it worth it to get NCCER certified
- How does software development work
- Why have a stock market before trading
- Hindutva is a religious movement
- Is there an MA in anthropology at the JNU
- Why are pepper mills enormous in restaurants
- Which functions does CSS need after CSS3
- How do you make long-term friendships
- What is your favorite television program
- How do Chinese firefighters work on the mainland