Who is the best politician from Rajasthan
suedasien.info - the information portal on South Asia
Shekhawat, Indian Vice President from 2002 until the 2007 election, ran as a formally independent candidate for the highest office, although the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) openly spoke out in favor of his election. The 83-year-old former provincial politician from Rajasthan - was the oldest in the gerontocratic leadership when he was elected Vice President of the Republic of India in 2002. The Vice-President is ex officio Chairman of the House of Lords (Rajya Sabha), i.e. in addition to his office with his representative duties he exercises a function like that Speaker of the House of Commons.
Even Shekhawat's once toughest critics have to admit that he conducted the meetings in the by no means easy-to-handle Indian House of Lords objectively and to the satisfaction of all parties. He has demonstrably good political contacts with leaders of other parties.
Bhairon Shekhawat, once the undisputed patriarch of Rajasthan and Rajpute (warrior caste), was elected Vice President of the Indian Republic in 2002 with 454 out of a total of 766 votes cast in both houses of the Indian Parliament. Shekhawat, who at the time also appealed primarily to MPs who were socially part of the Rajputs, also received votes from the opposition camp at the time. He relied on this evident popularity for this election as well.
In 1990 I had a one-hour interview with him at his Jaipur headquarters. He mentioned that he had collected all the Israeli publications and documents available to him in order to take up the fight against the advancement of the desert in Rajasthan and to promote reforestation. He suggested to my great astonishment whether the Germans could not ensure that Israeli experts in this field would come to India through international organizations in order to popularize their expertise in this field. Significantly, shortly after the opening of diplomatic relations between India and Israel, Shekhawat was one of the first in the growing line of Indian prime ministers to visit Israel. Shekhawat was also known beyond its national borders during his first term as Prime Minister of Rajasthan for its practice-oriented poverty programs.
The Hindu Nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) - in 2002 by far the strongest party in the Indian House of Commons - it was the first time that it succeeded in placing a politician from its ranks in this high office of the state.
Shekhawat previously served as Prime Minister of the desert state of Rajasthan three times. In 1998 he was replaced by his Congress-Challenger Ashok Ghelot replaced after a significant election defeat. In the meantime, the BJP rules there again. Apart from justifying statements by Shekhawat in 2002 that the terrible attacks by Hindus on Muslims in Gujarat (fascism in action) could well be repeated in Rajasthan, this was directed at the former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and the former Foreign and Finance Minister Jaswant Singh - both representatives of the "Economically liberal" BJP wing - politicians who are very close to the BJP as really moderate and, in particular, very pragmatic. At the height of the almost nationwide civil war-like excesses following the illegal demolition of the Babri Mosque in Ayodhya on December 6, 1992 by Hindu extremists, his government in Rajasthan was able to maintain peace and order.
- What food is consumed during the fever period
- Reading in the dark can lead to myopia
- What is your favorite MGTOW YouTube channel
- Why were Sikhs such good fighters?
- When was New York founded?
- When did fake news start?
- How can I get a celebrity friend
- Which fundamental rights are called constitutional rights?
- Is there a country called Kurdistan
- Should I invest in SpaceX stock?
- Should Trump speak out against racial hatred
- Beethoven and Mozart were friends
- How do you see Indian politics
- Will President Xi survive President Trump
- Who is the loneliest BTS member
- Trump America's Gorbachev dismantles the state
- How TV Shows Make Profits
- How can we end terrorism from India
- Why will Jesus return?
- Is NRC a political gimmick
- Why is Helsinki the capital of Finland
- Surgery can cure lung cancer
- Where are the principles in the AA literature
- Which Slavic language has the easiest pronunciation
- How are country borders demarcated
- What is a node in node js
- What did other countries think of Hitler?
- What does Vulnerable
- What does sarang mean in K pop
- How are bad debts handled in accounting
- Why do you follow religion
- Pastors give money to the homeless
- Australian women like Indian men
- Can bacteria grow without a source of carbon