How do mangoes taste
How do you eat a mango?
The mango is a stone fruit and grows on trees ten to 30 meters high. (Photo by: © Brent Hofacker / fotolia.com)
A Mango fruit can weigh up to 2 kg. The flesh of the mango is soft to fibrous, depending on the degree of ripeness, and encloses a large, flat core.
The thin, smooth peel is either green, yellow or red, sometimes all three colors appear at the same time and should not be eaten as it can trigger an allergic reaction.
The taste and smell of the mango are aromatic and sweet, a bit like peach.
Info: 100 grams of mango pulp has around 60 calories and 12 grams of sugar.
How to eat a mango
When processing the mango, everyone will face the problem of not crushing the soft and delicate fruit.
The best way to cut the mango is:
- The fruit upright, stand up and cut lengthways with a sharp knife approx. 1-2 cm from the core or the middle of one side of the fruit. The opposite side as well. There are three pieces
- Cut away the remaining shell from the middle piece with the core. Cut the flesh from the core into pieces with the knife.
- Now the pulp of the two cut slices is detached from the skin by cutting several transverse and longitudinal lines into the pulp. The cuts should go all the way to the shell, but not damage it.
- Then you can push the mango piece outwards or turn it inside out so that the pulp loosens.
- Should pieces of fruit still get stuck on the shell, simply remove them with a knife or spoon.
Tip: The pieces of pulp obtained in this way can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Info: You can peel the mango with a vegetable peeler before you cut it and then cut it open as described above - but this is only possible if the mango is not yet fully ripe and therefore the flesh is even harder.
Use in the kitchen
- The mango fruit is mostly eaten raw.
- Or add your taste to ice cream, fruit mousse, yoghurt, mueslis or cakes.
- Of course, a mango is also the highlight in every fruit salad.
- The meat can also be used to decorate cold platters and plates.
A few recipe tips:
Purchase and maturity
At the Buy the mango you should definitely get the Maturity level note. An unripe fruit is not edible, an overripe fruit cannot be processed.
Info: The color of the skin says nothing about the degree of ripeness of the fruit.
The best degree of ripeness is reached when the fruit can be easily pressed in and gives off a sweet scent.
Tip: Unripe or hard mangoes can still ripen at room temperature - do not put them in the refrigerator.
The mango as a remedy
Like many other plants, the mango becomes one healing effect attributed to:
- It is supposed to calm the intestines.
- In Indian folk medicine, it is used to stop bleeding and strengthen the heart.
- The mango is also said to have a positive effect on the brain.
- Their high vitamin A content ensures healthy mucous membranes.
Info: The mango is called in Hindu scriptures Food of the gods mentioned. Although the mango is produced in large quantities, it is on the UN list of endangered plants.
Rating: Ø 3.8 (778 votes)
- Why is the BBC spreading the wrong news
- How is WhatsApp hacked
- Is Norwegian Air the best European airline
- What comes first? Ethnicity? Nationality or religion
- Becomes AAP to the new left
- Pakistan is really afraid of India
- What makes someone so confident
- Who is the President of Bhutan
- Why was the Mona Lisa influential
- Does globalization lead to the loss of national culture
- Why are carpets so expensive
- What is Godrej Pinecrest
- Why don't police cars have hubcaps?
- Why were different political parties founded?
- How was Catholicism founded
- What are a student's problems
- Where is sura yusuf in the quran
- What is the basis of modern civilization
- How does an introvert show love
- What should never change in Vilnius Lithuania
- The European economy is getting better now
- How do you get big government contracts
- How do I get 1000 dividends
- What is SSC? Is it easy