What are the disadvantages of good governance
Germany is often active in development policy in countries with a low level of governance. To ensure the effectiveness and credibility of this commitment, the responsible use of taxpayers' money is essential. Therefore, the susceptibility of countries and project sponsors to corruption is carefully analyzed in advance. Development measures and instruments are then adapted to this risk potential.
The BMZ investigates all reports of corruption in connection with its development cooperation and takes action. The zero tolerance principle of the final declaration of the Busan Development Partnership 2011 applies: If German development funds are threatened with misuse, their disbursement can be stopped.
In accordance with the Federal Government's Guideline on Preventing Corruption (Externer Link) (2004), all employees in German development cooperation are sensitized and trained in order to maintain their integrity even in corrupt work environments and to strictly comply with all laws and guidelines.
Credible advocacy of transparency and anti-corruption presupposes that Germany also implements the internationally agreed standards. German law contains extensive provisions for this. Corruption is a criminal offense, even if it is committed by private individuals abroad. In 1999 Germany ratified the OECD Convention on Combating Bribery of Foreign Public Officials in International Business Transactions (Externer Link). The Federal Republic of Germany signed the UN Convention against Corruption in 2003 and ratified it in 2014.
As part of the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI), Germany has committed itself to providing easily accessible and understandable information on the use of development funds. You can find more information on this here.
- Who is an NRI
- Double penetration is fun
- Why did progressivism fail
- Who is the least respectable politician
- Is online shopping better for children's clothing
- Religions promote discrimination
- What are the benefits of scientific research
- Is Romania a good place to retreat?
- May cause dizziness in the eyes
- Which language has the best alphabet
- What is BTS Member Vs Instagram ID
- How important is eye protection when soldering
- Did Christopher Columbus discover America or not
- Why are military parades so expensive
- What are the 4 TCP-IP layers
- How much precipitation does a desert get
- Are people from Pakistan generally friendly
- How do i learn algorithm
- How do I hack a PDF password
- What to do on Independence Day
- Who controls the Indian government
- What is monomer
- What's the best role for curse
- Which is better Zoomcar or Revv