Regular x-rays detect cancer
Whether X-rays are dangerous depends on the amount of radiation. The larger the amount and the more often someone is x-rayed, the higher the risk that the rays will cause damage.
If X-rays penetrate the tissue during an exposure, they can Damage to the genetic material cause. Long-term or in high doses, X-rays can be harmful and cause cancer, for example. Thanks to modern, more sensitive systems, nowadays X-rays are the Radiation exposure but very little.
The risk of X-ray side effects also depends on the type of X-ray examination and the part of the body examined. In the case of fluoroscopic fluoroscopy, for example, the radiation exposure is significantly higher than in a normal X-ray exposure. As particularly sensitive to radiation be valid:
- female breast
A medium risk consists of:
A low radiation sensitivity to have:
Doctors should always weigh up,whether an X-ray examination is really necessary. For example, a 2012 study published in the specialist magazine “Cancer” indicates that patients who went to the dentist for x-rays at least once a year had three times the risk of developing a benign brain tumor (meningioma). The radiation dose is now lower, so that the results cannot be transferred one-to-one to today. Nonetheless, the doctor and patient should first explore possible alternatives to x-rays, especially for radiation-sensitive body parts such as the head area.
Danger from contrast media
In some patients, the contrast media administered for an X-ray examination trigger an allergic reaction (cough, itching, shortness of breath up to cardiac arrhythmias, etc.). Since most contrast media contain iodine, they must not be used in people with a known hyperthyroidism, as this could otherwise worsen. Even with impaired kidney function, contrast media that are given into the vascular system can cause problems, as the body may not be able to excrete them again without harm. This also applies to diabetics who take drugs with the active ingredient metformin. Because the body only excretes this via the kidneys, which could then quickly become overwhelmed.
- What is the world record for staring
- Is Tajikistan a Persian country
- Where can I buy gold recovery chemicals
- What are some innovative business card companies
- Has the Indian media lost perspective?
- What is a diamond ring grading system
- What technology will help us live forever
- What is called percent in Hindi
- Which is better Birmingham or Manchester
- What is an unusual way of cooking sausages
- Hitler hated himself
- What's happening in Israel right now
- Why do starving people have children?
- Are the Serbs racist against Muslims
- What is the best software for documentation
- What is the best TV under 1000
- What is the mileage of the Polo GT TSI
- What makes animal ownership worth the cost
- What is MongoDB in the MEAN stack
- Why Buddhist violence against Muslims
- How did Trump use the privilege of being an executive
- Why do many Hindus say inshallah
- Is it worth breaking an iPhone in jail
- What's your rating of Shanghai