How fast can fashion be
Fashionable step forward
Fashion trends are short-lived and often change faster than the weather. Every German buys an average of twelve kilos of clothing a year. 90 percent of them come from non-European countries. The clothing industry is one of the most important consumer goods industries. However, textile production causes ecological damage: Toxic sewage, microplastics in the seas and high energy and water consumption are the downside.
Sustainable fashion instead of cheap seasonal models
A change in awareness has therefore begun among many consumers. “Slow Fashion” - sustainability instead of disposable goods is the new motto. A few years ago it was mainly practiced in fashion capitals such as Berlin, but the trend in Germany is now considered good form everywhere. According to a study by TransFair, Germans spent around 129 million euros on Fairtrade textiles in 2017. An increase of 66 percent compared to 2016.
Rethinking the fashion industry
The big international labels are pulling along. More and more textile giants advertise sustainably produced fashion and are more transparent. As part of Greenpeace's Detox campaign, 79 global fashion companies pledged to replace pollutants with harmless substances by 2020. German companies are also participating, for example Adidas, Aldi and Tchibo.
Is that fashion or can it go away?
The number of German fair fashion labels is growing. 332 German brands are certified with the “Global Organic Textile Standard” (GOTS) label, which proves a sustainable production chain. Fashion designers don't just use common materials like cotton or linen. Jewelry made from fish skin, clothing made from milk fiber and bags made from plastic waste are conquering the market. They prove that there are no limits to creativity in sustainable textile production.
Sustainable fashion from Germany: T-shirts made of wood, recyclable outdoor clothing, fair shirts from Africa
- How are bodybuilders paid
- Is RT conservative or liberal
- Indian Brahmins came from Eurasia
- Does Tesla have better accelerator cars
- Why is biochemistry important
- Where is Christianity growing the fastest?
- Receive pilots with flight attendants
- Why do people always tolerate me
- What is marble
- What are the subjects in quantitative suitability
- What are encryption currencies
- How do people program microcontrollers
- Who gives free suggestions for online shopping
- How is a government election manipulated
- What is the function of politics
- Who are some famous celibates
- What is the opinion of the Germans on Russian immigrants?
- Why do countries not have one-color flags?
- What is raw oil spot price
- Was Rhodesia a racist state
- You can make money selling footprints
- Japanese residents don't like western tourists
- Are Christian missionaries racist by nature
- Why did the Germans exterminate the Africans