How do I expect a salary
Set salary expectations and formulate them correctly
Most job advertisements contain a short passage in which you are asked to state your salary expectations. But what number should an applicant enter here? And how do you best formulate your ideas without appearing greedy?
How high you set your salary expectations in the application depends on various components. The most important factors are the position itself, the industry, the region and the size of the company. Find out what gross annual salary is usually paid for the relevant factors. Industry-specific salary reports can be helpful here.
As soon as you have determined your actual market value, you need to set a gross annual salary that is both advantageous and realistic for you. Don't sell yourself below value, but never gamble too high either. Both variants are badly received by the potential employer. We recommend a surcharge of a maximum of 20% on the current annual salary. The request for additional services and grants (travel expenses, vacation pay, etc.) should not be mentioned in the application.
How can you correctly formulate your salary expectations?
In a nutshell:
- My salary expectation is a gross annual salary of € xx.xxx.
- A gross salary of € xx.xxx per year corresponds to my expectations.
Willingness to negotiate:
- My salary expectation is in the range of € xx.xxx gross per year.
- My salary expectation is between xx.xxx and yy.yyy € gross per year. I would be happy if we could clarify the details in a personal meeting.
- Based on my experience and specialist knowledge, my salary expectation is an annual gross salary of € xx.xxx.
Clarification in a personal conversation:
- I would like to discuss my salary expectations with you personally.
- I would be happy to get to know you personally during an interview. We can certainly go into more detail about my salary expectations.
Decide on a variant that suits you and the job description. We wish you every success with your application.
«To the article overview
- Would you kill to save your life
- A person can have schizophrenia and ASPD
- Is Bangalore and Mangalore the same or different
- What are the greatest Telugu kingdoms
- VSSUT is a tier 1 university
- Hire Fox News Bruenette
- What is your most successful achievement
- How not to make small talk
- Education brings wisdom
- Are the NCERT science books good
- Two people can become friends
- What is it like to see someone die
- Why are grassroots people so judgmental
- Is Imran Khan respected in Pakistan
- Is there an exciting nightlife in Montreal
- Are French and Catalan understandable for both sides
- How safe is Pakistan for Jews
- What is ulcerative colitis
- How was the Maos Cultural Revolution firsthand
- Which is the most ruthless mafia
- Who is Sardo Numspa
- Why is the world so selfish
- How does 911 track your phone number
- Why is the darkness black
- How do I hide Instagram followers
- What is mercantilism
- How is the IHM Goa Faculty
- When will my paycheck be published?
- Who is the fourth pillar of democracy
- To which dynasty did Rishabhdev belong
- When did you start watching the NBA?
- How are military aircraft types certified
- How does Emirates use IMC
- Why does fire not cast a shadow 1