How important is the board percentage
How important is the mainboard?
Quote from FreeZer_:
Assuming a real gamer puts his PC together and wonders how much the mainboard contributes to the game / overall performance (now SLI and CF are excluded).
Click in this field to view it in full size.
Why do we actually have FAQs here in the forum and why do the recommendations for the board differ in the combinations for Office, Multimedia, Game, HTPC?
Because the requirements are different.
95% of CB members are gamers, 99% of readers are too. Felt.
What requirements does a player have of a board? No. I claim that very strikingly, every branded board with some OC features makes the player happy, they are cheap and will be replaced after two years at the latest - including the CPU - anyway. Even overclocking is not really necessary these days; standard CPUs and graphics cards provide enough power for that PlayabilityWith almost all game titles, OC, you only do the benchmarks for the sake of making sure you have made the right purchase decision so as not to belong to the 10% at the lower end of the scale (touching your own nose )
If the player for understandable reasons (fps are not enough, others on the LAN party clock faster, wants to "exhaust" his system, etc.) to OC hobbyists, then only the problems begin. And the surcharge of 20 euros when buying a board can be hard to pay off.
More serious PC operators with some experience with different chip generations and several manufacturer products will apply additional criteria to a board that quickly narrow down the selection of boards that can be bought (e.g. onboard DVI or HDMI). In addition, with this experience one knows more precisely which one Intended usethe board should have. I largely agree with the previous speakers on this point.
But to stay on topic:
In the tests of magazines or online editorial offices it has been shown time and again (with exceptions) that the performance of a "good" board depends on the core chipset, but also on the implementation of the board design (layout, Interaction of the other chips, bios features, qualitative production, target group, etc.). This is the reason that there are "outliers" in the negative sense among well-known manufacturers. But also outliers in a positive sense with alleged cheap manufacturers.
So it is best for players to buy models that have been tried and tested and that are recommended for their use. Special performance features for LAN, PATA, SATA, USB interfaces take a back seat, even a PCIe 2.0 slot is not yet required as a purchase decision, unlike in the past, all audio chips now completely cover gaming requirements .
I know it is difficult to swallow, especially when the financial possibilities are not so great, to invest more money straight away and to listen to the advice of the more experienced. In the beginning, I always saved up so that I could spend the difference on other components. Despite the fact that I no longer have a lack of money and could buy any board, I stick to the price / performance criterion, which was P35 for me. But time does not stand still, with an AMD CPU it would be a 780G today.
Keep your eyes peeled, never buy the latest chipsets, always wait for the practical test. The golden mean
- Did the Russians like the Soviet Union
- Is there a political party behind DirectTV
- Why do people polish stones
- In which Muslim country is alcohol allowed?
- Vikings were completely ethnically Scandinavian
- Is masturbation good for athletes
- How tall is Harry Styles really
- Which is the toughest hike in Maharashtra
- Where does marijuana grow naturally?
- You can commit suicide without harming yourself
- What is the story of San Francisco
- How do I get Apple TV channels
- How long is human life
- Why do you love Telugu
- What makes a face look good
- Why is Vyasa taken from Bhima
- Is Israel a threat to Muslims?
- What are some of the criticisms of Joel Osteen
- The HS code is different for all countries
- What is critical temperature
- Is China like a big North Korea?
- Who influenced the Beatles
- Are electronic cigarettes better than regular cigarettes
- Turkey will be another Iran
- Ripple is a private blockchain
- Why do you love Telugu
- What's the best Hillsong song
- What do you call a spotted deer
- Why is BJP against homosexuals
- Complete freedom of speech is achievable
- What does quartz mining mean
- How do you become a Christian pastor
- What to do on Independence Day
- Why are some Christian churches so massive